The Student Room Group

What should I put for 1st member of the family to go to uni

My mum is an immigrant from Central Asia and dropped out of education at 14 and I have 2 older brothers who are in their 30s who hasn’t went to uni living in my house. My dad has obtained a university degree but I spend much more time with my mother due to the divorce could I put the first member of your family to go to university as the majority of the family i surround myself with has not as I am disadvantaged but I don’t know if the widening participation criteria acknowledges that as I really want to get into this medicine summer school
Reply 1
Original post by Lizuyu
My mum is an immigrant from Central Asia and dropped out of education at 14 and I have 2 older brothers who are in their 30s who hasn’t went to uni living in my house. My dad has obtained a university degree but I spend much more time with my mother due to the divorce could I put the first member of your family to go to university as the majority of the family i surround myself with has not as I am disadvantaged but I don’t know if the widening participation criteria acknowledges that as I really want to get into this medicine summer school

So you are not the first member of your family to go to university, then?
Contact them and ask - I guess if you have never had any contact with your father, they may remove his education from the equation
Reply 2
1st in family refers to parents not siblings
Reply 3
Original post by mctec
1st in family refers to parents not siblings

OP's father has a university degree, according to their post?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending