The Student Room Group

SFE Financial Hardship Confirmation...

I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to hear back once a Financial Hardship Confirmation (FHC) form has been submitted? I submitted the form last week due to struggling after having an overpayment was deducted. I suspended my studies due to a bereavement but it was shortly after receiving a payment so it was deemed an overpayment.

Also, will I receive correspondence from the Financial Hardship Team or just an entitlement letter, even if they refuse the defer?

I had a new entitlement letter with no changes, sent to me only 4 days after I uploaded my FHC form. I was told that this 'could' be due to SFE liaising with my university about my enrolment date and confirming I am redoing my third year, not in response to the FHC form.

Needless to say, I am now worried that the recent entitlement letter was in fact a response to my form and that my FHC defer request was refused. The last 2 entitlement letters have been uploaded by SFE and no email or other correspondence.

Any idea of timelines and likely correspondence would be great.
Original post by Esell
I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to hear back once a Financial Hardship Confirmation (FHC) form has been submitted? I submitted the form last week due to struggling after having an overpayment was deducted. I suspended my studies due to a bereavement but it was shortly after receiving a payment so it was deemed an overpayment.

Also, will I receive correspondence from the Financial Hardship Team or just an entitlement letter, even if they refuse the defer?

I had a new entitlement letter with no changes, sent to me only 4 days after I uploaded my FHC form. I was told that this 'could' be due to SFE liaising with my university about my enrolment date and confirming I am redoing my third year, not in response to the FHC form.

Needless to say, I am now worried that the recent entitlement letter was in fact a response to my form and that my FHC defer request was refused. The last 2 entitlement letters have been uploaded by SFE and no email or other correspondence.

Any idea of timelines and likely correspondence would be great.

Hi Esell, Yes, you will be notified of the outcome of the request for the FHC form submitted. The current expected timescale to allow for the form and evidence to be reviewed is 5 working days from the date received. We can check on the progress of the request for you, please contact us direct. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending