The Student Room Group

Can I get A*AA conditional with AAA predicted?

I want to apply to either Leeds or Warwick Law. They both require A*AA, however, my predicted grades are only AAA. Will I get an offer? If it's any help, I'm an international student.

I know Birmingham would give conditional offers for their A*AA Law course because of their offers calculator but for Leeds or Warwick, it doesnt mention whether or not they would give a conditonal offer if my predicted grades are one grade below...

Sorry, I've been posting a lot of questions recently, it's just that my grades arent that good and I had to change some of choices.

My school wants my confirmation on which universities I want to apply to by Monday so I dont think I have time to email University Admissions...
Original post by imloki
I want to apply to either Leeds or Warwick Law. They both require A*AA, however, my predicted grades are only AAA. Will I get an offer? If it's any help, I'm an international student.

I know Birmingham would give conditional offers for their A*AA Law course because of their offers calculator but for Leeds or Warwick, it doesnt mention whether or not they would give a conditonal offer if my predicted grades are one grade below...

Sorry, I've been posting a lot of questions recently, it's just that my grades arent that good and I had to change some of choices.

My school wants my confirmation on which universities I want to apply to by Monday so I dont think I have time to email University Admissions...

Your school's deadline is purely internal, for their convenience and to ensure that references etc get written. However, you don't have to apply to all 5 choices at once. You can send it off with, say, 3-4 selections and add the other 1-2 later. This has no effect on what your school needs to do. Therefore you do have time to ask Leeds and Warwick.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Your school's deadline is purely internal, for their convenience and to ensure that references etc get written. However, you don't have to apply to all 5 choices at once. You can send it off with, say, 3-4 selections and add the other 1-2 later. This has no effect on what your school needs to do. Therefore you do have time to ask Leeds and Warwick.

I just asked my tutor this morning and she said that I can't send applications separately... Maybe I have to ask the careers advisor instead? Omg never thought this would be so stressful. I'll still send Leeds and Warwick an email first and then see what happens at school.. Thanks!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by imloki

what was your gcses bro?
Reply 4
Original post by Heshan06
what was your gcses bro?

A*, A*, 8, A, A, 7, 6, 6, 5

Yeah, I did different exam boards and some gave numbers, some gave the letter grades.
Not that good but not disastrous I guess
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by imloki
I just asked my tutor this morning and she said that I can't send applications separately... Maybe I have to ask the careers advisor instead? Omg never thought this would be so stressful. I'll still send Leeds and Warwick an email first and then see what happens at school.. Thanks!

It's not "separately". The application has 5 spaces on it. You fill in 3-4. The application gets sent off. You later log in to UCAS and add the remainder. Your tutor doesn't understand the process, unfortunately. It's not a common thing to do, but is an extremely useful tactic in cases like yours.
Reply 6
It's not "separately". The application has 5 spaces on it. You fill in 3-4. The application gets sent off. You later log in to UCAS and add the remainder. Your tutor doesn't understand the process, unfortunately. It's not a common thing to do, but is an extremely useful tactic in cases like yours.

Okay, maybe it's better to talk to the career's adviser about this. Thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by imloki
A*, A*, 8, A, A, 7, 6, 6, 5

Yeah, I did different exam boards and some gave numbers, some gave the letter grades.
Not that good but not disastrous I guess

that is still quite strong i feel u will be fine aslong as ur lnat is great and ps
Reply 8
Original post by Heshan06
that is still quite strong i feel u will be fine aslong as ur lnat is great and ps

Warwick and Leeds don't require the LNAT which I guess means that my A Level grades and PS would be more important..
Reply 9

Sorry for pinging again but do you think emailing about my chances of getting a conditional offer would actually impact my chances? Or am I just overthinking 😓
Original post by imloki
Sorry for pinging again but do you think emailing about my chances of getting a conditional offer would actually impact my chances? Or am I just overthinking 😓

It won’t make any difference, they don’t keep track of who has asked a question and cross reference it with applicants. You’re overthinking.
Original post by imloki

I agree with @Admit-One on this point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending