The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL admissions

Hi. I'm in y13 and I'm about to send out my UCAS form soon. For UCL do they actually look at personal statements? The course I'm going for is quite a popular course and I was just wondering if they look at predicted grades and cut out the people who have the lowest (even if they meet the necessary grade requirements) to make it easier when sending out offers? Or do they look at the personal statements of everyone who has met the grade requirements and base offers more off of that? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by yama777
Hi. I'm in y13 and I'm about to send out my UCAS form soon. For UCL do they actually look at personal statements? The course I'm going for is quite a popular course and I was just wondering if they look at predicted grades and cut out the people who have the lowest (even if they meet the necessary grade requirements) to make it easier when sending out offers? Or do they look at the personal statements of everyone who has met the grade requirements and base offers more off of that? Thanks

Personal statement is what tells you apart from other qualified applicants, and of course it is super important. People who do not meet grade requirements tend not to appy at all (unless they are going for a contextual offer and are very close to grade requirements anyway), so the selection would be between highly qualified candidates. You need to spend time to plan and write a personal statement that hightlights all your relevant supercurriculars etcc, and your school should offer admissions advice and someone to review and give feedback on your statement (typically your school admissions adviser and maybe a teacher in your chosen subject).
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Only UCL can say for certain, but I think i't likely that they score PS's for everyone that meets the typical offer requirements, (or is expected to).
Reply 3
Yeh that's what I thought but I know it's really competitive so for the admissions team to make it easier for them like just to get an idea of what their process is really like. Thank you!!
Original post by Admit-One
Only UCL can say for certain, but I think i't likely that they score PS's for everyone that meets the typical offer requirements, (or is expected to).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending