The Student Room Group

Can I still get AAA conditional with A*AB predicted if I had a late ADHD diagnosis?

I was diagnosed with ADHD after my predicted grades (A*AB) were finalised, meaning I didn't have access to extra time or rest breaks for any of my exams in year 12 so I really struggled with time management. I've also never had any prescribed medication. My school won't give me any more chances to modify my predicted grades but my top choice was Uni of Nottingham to take Liberal Arts; the course requires AAA to even apply and I was wondering if they were likely to make exceptions for entry requirements and reconsider my application?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
An ADHD diagnosis wont make any difference in whether or not you get an offer - and it wont get you a lower grade offer.

One risky choice just above your predicted grades is always worth having - Notts could well make you an offer.
Just make sure your other choices are more realistic.
Original post by MollyRobinson36
I was diagnosed with ADHD after my predicted grades (A*AB) were finalised, meaning I didn't have access to extra time or rest breaks for any of my exams in year 12 so I really struggled with time management. I've also never had any prescribed medication. My school won't give me any more chances to modify my predicted grades but my top choice was Uni of Nottingham to take Liberal Arts; the course requires AAA to even apply and I was wondering if they were likely to make exceptions for entry requirements and reconsider my application?

You’d have a better chance at explaining the situation to your school and they should know best tbh. Just tell them how it affected you etc and if you can have a grade increase
Has your application been submitted? If not, make sure your referee covers this in the relevant section of the reference.
Original post by McGinger
An ADHD diagnosis wont make any difference in whether or not you get an offer - and it wont get you a lower grade offer.

One risky choice just above your predicted grades is always worth having - Notts could well make you an offer.
Just make sure your other choices are more realistic.

I'll definitely make sure I have lots of security choices - but if I had an amazing personal statement and explained the situation in my reference is there any remote chance I could still get an offer from them?
Original post by Admit-One
Has your application been submitted? If not, make sure your referee covers this in the relevant section of the reference.

It hasn't, and I'll make sure of this - thank you!
Original post by MollyRobinson36
I'll definitely make sure I have lots of security choices - but if I had an amazing personal statement and explained the situation in my reference is there any remote chance I could still get an offer from them?

Universities often make reach offers where you prediction is 1 grade below so it is possible they might make you an offer anyway but none of us can say for definite.

I would be surprised if they accepted ADHD as a reason for 1 subject being down where you other predictions reach or exceed the required grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending