The Student Room Group

Child care grant - uni

Hi, I’ve had to ask/open a different topic because it won’t let me reply to my thread I created.

So the update is student finance rejected my application because it still included the UC childcare aspect. They advised in the letter that I need to wait for a new statement WITHOUT the childcare incorporated to upload it.

So I have done so this month.

I uploaded this months statement as I didn’t submit my childcare claim with them.

But I am worried,

Will it be able to be back dated? So for instance , I’ll be paying the 1st of December. So will she be able to request it for the whole month then? (once the grant is approved)

( it was only yesterday student finance confirmed they received the evidence. So I’m just worried it may take a couple more weeks for it to be fully approved )
Is there a time scale till approval? I already had to pay £1200 out of my own pocket last month. Really cannot do it again
And this might also be a nightmare.

I need to change my sons nursery because his needs just aren’t being met where he is.

Will this implicate things?

Thank you again for your time
Hi there. Once your Childcare Grant is approved, it will be backdated to the start of your course. To check the current processing timescale's, you can visit here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sfe-current-application-timescales

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending