The Student Room Group

Never had any romantic experience of any kind at 18 nearly 19?

I feel bad and just different for it , I’m shy and have no experience with guys and my quiet friend group have never been close to any and my course I do (art) has no guys either. I feel so behind like being a virgin and not ever having a bf at all , does anyone else have a similar situation ? I’m thinking of trying dating apps but I feel awkward about it
Reply 1
You will find someone at some point in your life that you can make a connection with. Try going to social events before trying dating apps.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I feel bad and just different for it , I’m shy and have no experience with guys and my quiet friend group have never been close to any and my course I do (art) has no guys either. I feel so behind like being a virgin and not ever having a bf at all , does anyone else have a similar situation ? I’m thinking of trying dating apps but I feel awkward about it

Nah yk what its a good thing, it shows you have respect for yourself. I'm 18M, I appreciate a lot of people around you will be into all of that but my advice would be not to get distracted and Instead work hard. Like yeah, if you wanna experiment and all that then by all means do it. But don't get distracted.

You can always try dating apps, it consists mainly of a lot of horny guys who want a quick **** tho ibr so..

Overall, don't feel behind. As I mentioned before, when you first said that initially what I thought was that you have a huge amount of self respect for yourself. You will find someone. You just need to be patient.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1

Ur only 19, u dont have to go on a dating app, ur not that desperate - unless you are lol. Even if ur 20, i still don't see the problem with people not having no experience at that age - not everyone is going to be comfortable or click with someone at the same time. That doesn't mean ur falling behind or not having a great life.
I do understand what ur saying tho bc seeing everyone around you be in a relationship or had a few in the past makes you feel unlovable or missing out. I'm 18 too, i find people attractive but bc im an introvert, i find it hard to bond with people enough to actually start a relationship. That being said, loads of my friends haven't been in a relationship. Idk I feel at this age there is quite a mix of stuff going on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending