The Student Room Group

Part time Job - illegal working hours??

Hi all, I’ve just been offered my first time job and out of panic I accepted some working hours that would be impossible for me to do. (Verbally, I am yet to sign a contract) and were told my hours would be Saturday. 12.15-9pm and Sunday 9-5.15pm. I’ve jus some some research and found that if you’re 17 you can’t work more than 8 hours a day? Can someone confirm this? And if so should I just email them?
Edit: this is from a major retail company not a single chain
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by badatfrench00
Hi all, I’ve just been offered my first time job and out of panic I accepted some working hours that would be impossible for me to do. (Verbally, I am yet to sign a contract) and were told my hours would be Saturday. 12.15-9pm and Sunday 9-5.15pm. I’ve jus some some research and found that if you’re 17 you can’t work more than 8 hours a day? Can someone confirm this? And if so should I just email them?
Edit: this is from a major retail company not a single chain

If it's a major company then they should be familiar with the rules. My assumption would be that you'll get an unpaid rest break during those times, so you won't be working more than 8 hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending