The Student Room Group

Excuses to Leave the House?

I study and work from home, so for the past couple of months, I've barely ever left the house, as I just had no reason to. I have been trying to at least go on walks to a local park, but there's only so many times you can do that. In desperation, I even started taking the bus to town, just to sit down at some cafe, drink my coffee, and head straight back home, so with the price of the bus tickets, that's the most expensive coffee possible...

So any suggestions on other things to do would be great, ideally nothing too social as I'm not great at those sorts of things, but at the same time I feel myself going crazy spending so much time at home.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I study and work from home, so for the past couple of months, I've barely ever left the house, as I just had no reason to. I have been trying to at least go on walks to a local park, but there's only so many times you can do that. In desperation, I even started taking the bus to town, just to sit down at some cafe, drink my coffee, and head straight back home, so with the price of the bus tickets, that's the most expensive coffee possible...

So any suggestions on other things to do would be great, ideally nothing too social as I'm not great at those sorts of things, but at the same time I feel myself going crazy spending so much time at home.

go to a gym, (if you are a lady, there are womens only gyms / sections). also lbraries and looking at events on eventbrite help. Also in terms of work, it could be worth having a look as networking events and meeting people through that (its helped me a lot)
Wildlife walk? Litter picking? Library? Community centre? Doing some volunteering?
driving lessons / volunteering in local library/charity shop / geocaching

Cinema :biggrin:
Someone mentioned geocaching - done it myself and its fab :yep:
Local library? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Wildlife walk? Litter picking? Library? Community centre? Doing some volunteering?

I don't really want to do things that feel like work, especially if I'm not being paid for it.
Go running. Great for the lungs, great for the mind. Even better in harsher conditions i.e. rain.

Local leisure centre/gym, library, or how about volunteering somewhere for a few hours a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending