The Student Room Group

how to not catch feelings so fast

I met this person during a sports class and didn't think much of them, but then for some reason when they looked at me I felt as if they really saw me and I stood out to them - idk why or if I'm being dumb.
During the class they did come and compliment me and said I am very good, so I definitely stood out to them, but I'm not sure if they noticed me based off the skill alone or if they actually liked me.

But now because I felt like they gave me positive attention, I have formed a mini crush and I feel dumb, but hey we can't help who we like right 😭 I seem to catch feelings from the slightest form of positive attention it's so dumb. He is probably just doing his job and keeping an eye on everyone to make sure we are doing the techniques right but i feel like I am being biased and making myself think that maybe he likes me because I crave attention (never had a relationship).

RIP.
Reply 1
Yeah its most likely you feeling positive and attracted to someone who gives us attention, but again we shouldn't mistake this for love or liking someone.
Its like this- if another person came along and gave you a bit more attention that the current person is giving, then you wouldnt even bother think about the first one anymore. Why is that? Its because we mistake people giving us attention and time for them liking us when in fact, they could be very well be giving the same attention/time to some other girl at the same time, so it doesn't mean anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending