The Student Room Group

Appeals Process

Hi Team,
I lodged an appeal 14 Oct after I was immediately refused funding on applying , I've just had a second email same as the first saying

'We are experiencing an increased number of appeals and it is taking us longer than we would like to respond to you. Please be assured that we have received your appeal and will be in touch as soon as we can.'

I've not even had an initial letter yet saying why I was classed as ineligible for funding, So I emailed an appeal, is it normally such a long process ? and should I have had an initial letter 5-10 days after applying for funding saying why refused?...it's been 6 weeks since I emailed an appeal!

Kind Regards Trevor
(edited 4 months ago)
???
Original post by TrevorStaniland
???

You've posted this under Careers & Jobs, is it a funding question? What is the application for?
Original post by Admit-One
You've posted this under Careers & Jobs, is it a funding question? What is the application for?

Ooops! it's regarding a Masters loan.
(edited 4 months ago)
Ooops! it's regarding a Masters loan.

Not a problem, I'll ask for the thread to be moved to Ask SFE, they are generally quite good at responding once it is in there.
Original post by Admit-One
Not a problem, I'll ask for the thread to be moved to Ask SFE, they are generally quite good at responding once it is in there.

Thank you, I was wondering why they had not responded, as you say they are usually on it....cheers Trev
Hi Trevor, our appeals are taking upwards of 40 working days for a response at the moment. If you're looking for an estimated date on your appeal you can contact our Post Graduate Loans department. Their contact number is 0300 100 0031. Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Trevor, our appeals are taking upwards of 40 working days for a response at the moment. If you're looking for an estimated date on your appeal you can contact our Post Graduate Loans department. Their contact number is 0300 100 0031. Thanks, Ross

Thank's Ross
NB, there is going to be a review on the 18th of this month apparently....so fingers crossed!
Thank's Ross

You're welcome Trevor. Any further queries let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending