The Student Room Group

Re writing personal statement after failing A levels

I had extenuating circumstances and therefore missed out on 2 of my A levels, luckily the Uni said I could re-apply. I'm unsure whether to mention my retakes saying something like, during my re sit year I ..... and go from there, focussing on how I have learnt from failing ie to study independently, personal growth, determination, self motivation etc...
I'd appreciate any advice ?
Thank you!
I mean, I don't think it's really necessary. They will know you are retaking as you need to declare the original results and also list the qualifications again with pending results, and the rest of it is a bit besides the point maybe. I'd just focus your PS on the reasons you want to do that course.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
I mean, I don't think it's really necessary. They will know you are retaking as you need to declare the original results and also list the qualifications again with pending results, and the rest of it is a bit besides the point maybe. I'd just focus your PS on the reasons you want to do that course.

I have focused on why I want to do the course, aswell as work experience etc.. however I thought a few lines on what I’ve learnt personally from this experience, turning a negative into a positive, might be worth a mention…
Original post by Jamjar67
I have focused on why I want to do the course, aswell as work experience etc.. however I thought a few lines on what I’ve learnt personally from this experience, turning a negative into a positive, might be worth a mention…

Honestly I don't think it's really necessary or beneficial. I never directly mentioned my prior studies in parallel circumstances - if there were mitigating circumstances I made my referee away (whether or not they mentioned it, I don't know) and otherwise purely focused on writing about the course, what I'd done to prepare for it, what my motivations were for it, and why I was interested in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending