The Student Room Group

choosing my masters degree

I am doing my bachelor's in Artificial Intelligence and machine learning(part of Computer science) in the southern part of India..my passing year would be 2025.
I am also interested in business,... so what should I choose as my master's degree
And any university suggestions in India or abroad?!
Original post by Sathya17
I am doing my bachelor's in Artificial Intelligence and machine learning(part of Computer science) in the southern part of India..my passing year would be 2025.
I am also interested in business,... so what should I choose as my master's degree
And any university suggestions in India or abroad?!

As far as I know, having a master's won't help you in getting jobs in business or tech in any country (correct me if I am wrong and there is a strict legal requirement for you need a specific degree to go into these areas in specific countries).

As far as I know, you should be able to get roles in business without any qualifications. In very limited sense, you can get into business roles with just a degree in any subject i.e. you meet the necessary requirements.

Also, you can get into tech roles with the degree you're already doing. Having a master's is not likely going to help that much (again, unless you can show me that it's strictly a legal requirement to have a master's in the subject in order to get into specific roles in tech).

If you want to do a business degree, then if you really want to push it (deep breaths), then consider an MBA from a top 25 world class university as opposed to any business degree from any random uni. This is ridiculously expensive, unnecessary (unless it's in specific areas of investment banking or academic research in business), and overly competitive.
Reply 2
Thanks, I will surely consider this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending