The Student Room Group

When should I expect acknowledgment emails to start coming through?

Hi!! My school finally approved my UCAS application yesterday (17 December) and I’ve received two acknowledgment emails (From Sheffield and Surrey)

Just wanted to ask when I should expect the rest to come through? Especially since my application is coming in over the Christmas period, not really sure when I should be concerned about not having one

The other universities I’ve applied for are Southampton, Loughborough and Manchester.
I wouldn't be concerned if you dont get one soon because loads of uni admissions teams are closed because of Christmas. I applied in October and got all my emails within 4 days of applying. But I do know that one of my friends got one from Warrick about a month after applying (even though she was early entry) so I wouldn't stress if you dont get one. If your UCAS has been sent off, the unis will have received your application
Which Manchester uni that will impact the time
Reply 3
Original post by johnpork123
I wouldn't be concerned if you dont get one soon because loads of uni admissions teams are closed because of Christmas. I applied in October and got all my emails within 4 days of applying. But I do know that one of my friends got one from Warrick about a month after applying (even though she was early entry) so I wouldn't stress if you dont get one. If your UCAS has been sent off, the unis will have received your application

Ok thank you so much :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Jess_Lomas
Which Manchester uni that will impact the time

University of Manchester. Sorry should’ve specified 😂
Reply 5
Original post by johnpork123

Most admissions teams will be very much at work for at least the next couple of days, and will start back early in January (probably around the 3rd), unless people are taking annual leave. Most university staff are not on term-time-only contracts.

I imagine that in most cases acknowledgement emails will be generated automatically once the student's application is received from Ucas. But this is the sort of thing that will vary from one university to the next.
Reply 6
Original post by martin7

Most admissions teams will be very much at work for at least the next couple of days, and will start back early in January (probably around the 3rd), unless people are taking annual leave. Most university staff are not on term-time-only contracts.

I imagine that in most cases acknowledgement emails will be generated automatically once the student's application is received from Ucas. But this is the sort of thing that will vary from one university to the next.

I did actually get one from Southampton just now - it’s like they were reading my mind 😂😂 think you must be right about this though for sure
Original post by rosina05
Hi!! My school finally approved my UCAS application yesterday (17 December) and I’ve received two acknowledgment emails (From Sheffield and Surrey)

Just wanted to ask when I should expect the rest to come through? Especially since my application is coming in over the Christmas period, not really sure when I should be concerned about not having one

The other universities I’ve applied for are Southampton, Loughborough and Manchester.

Hi @rosina05,

Great to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough :smile:

I've just spoken to our Admissions Office and they said you should get an acknowledgement email from Loughborough within a few days. Make sure to check your junk folder too, but if you haven't had an email in a few days, you can email the Admissions Office at [email protected] and they can check everything for you.

Hope that helps!

Lindsay
Reply 8
Original post by Loughborough University
Original post by rosina05

Hi @rosina05,

Great to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough :smile:

I've just spoken to our Admissions Office and they said you should get an acknowledgement email from Loughborough within a few days. Make sure to check your junk folder too, but if you haven't had an email in a few days, you can email the Admissions Office at [email protected] and they can check everything for you.

Hope that helps!

Lindsay

Thank you so much! I received it earlier today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending