The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Student Loans from SFE

On the gov.uk website there’s only information on postgraduate loans for masters or doctorate courses, but I am going to applying for a graduate entry vet course, which isn’t classed as either. Where can i find information for loans for this type of post grad study? And how would I apply; straight through the post grad section on the SFE site?
Hi there,

Can you confirm the full name of the course, what university you will attend and the duration of your course? Do you have any previous qualifications?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

Can you confirm the full name of the course, what university you will attend and the duration of your course? Do you have any previous qualifications?

Thanks, Drew

Hi,

When i apply, I will have a BSc Zoology and will be applying to Bristol for their BVSc Veterinary Science: Accelerated Graduate Entry (D102). It is a four year course.
Hi there,

This course is classed as an undergraduate degree so you would apply as an undergraduate student. When does the course start?

If you will already hold an undergraduate degree when you start this course you will only be eligible for the Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants. You will not be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Hi there,

This course is classed as an undergraduate degree so you would apply as an undergraduate student. When does the course start?

If you will already hold an undergraduate degree when you start this course you will only be eligible for the Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants. You will not be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Drew

I am asking quite early because my family were worried about not getting funding for it. I will hopefully be starting it in the September of 2026, straight after graduating from my current degree.

So just to confirm, it is a graduate entry course, but is classed as undergraduate, so I cannot have a loan for tuition fees? I don’t think I’ll be able to afford that, is there any other funding I can apply for to help?
Hi there,

Yes as it stands just now you would apply as an undergraduate student and if you all ready hold an undergraduate degree then you would not be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. At this time there is no other funding that we offer but you could speak to the university to see if they know of any funding they may have.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Hi there,

Yes as it stands just now you would apply as an undergraduate student and if you all ready hold an undergraduate degree then you would not be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. At this time there is no other funding that we offer but you could speak to the university to see if they know of any funding they may have.

Thanks, Drew

Ok, thank you.
I have also heard other people on course say that the student loan situation changes as you go into your fourth year of the course as undergrad loans only cover the first three. Some are saying you are eligible for tuition fee loans during that last year. Is this correct and is there a website or page somewhere that has this information available to students, as from what I can see most people aren’t told any of this until they are starting the course?
Original post by 16hdennis
Ok, thank you.
I have also heard other people on course say that the student loan situation changes as you go into your fourth year of the course as undergrad loans only cover the first three. Some are saying you are eligible for tuition fee loans during that last year. Is this correct and is there a website or page somewhere that has this information available to students, as from what I can see most people aren’t told any of this until they are starting the course?

Hi there,

No you would not be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan for any of the years as you will hold an undergraduate degree. You should be able to find information on the Gov.UK website for exception courses.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending