The Student Room Group

Second Degree

I studied 1 year of BSc Economics, dropped out, then completed a 3 year degree in BASc Arts & Sciences.

I live in Wales. (Happy to move to England if this helps me get funding).

Can I get funding for a second undergrad degree (in healthcare)?
Can I get this funding, even if I do a Master's degree first (or could I do the Master's at the same time as the undergrad)?
Is there a list of healthcare degrees that are eligible?

The healthcare degree I'm most interested in is BSc Acupuncture at Northern College of Acupuncture.
They say on this page that the 4-year part time version of this degree is eligible for funding (but for some reason, the 3 year version is not eligible) https://acupuncture-courses.org.uk/funding-student-loans
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi there,

You would need to contact Student Finance Wales regarding this, as you will need to apply through them due to being ordinarily resident in Wales.

0300 200 4050

Thanks, Clare
How long would I have to live in England for to be eligible for SFE funding?

I am considering moving to England soon anyway.
Hi there,

You would already need to live in England prior to the start of the course. You would also need to prove that you have moved to England on a permanent basis and not for the purpose of study. The evidence would be something to the effect of permanent employment or mortgage statement/tenancy agreement along with a cover letter that explains the nature of your residency in England. Otherwise, your account will stay with SFW.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending