The Student Room Group

Applied just for tution fee by mistake

good evening Student Finance! My name is Stefan by mistake, I only applied for the tuition fee loan but not for the maintenance loan. Everyone tries to reassure me, including the SFE , that I am not the only one with this common mistake and that I will also receive a maintenance loan, because I am in my 3rd year, I am working and I received it in my first and second year. At the end of December, I sent them through the Post Office the PN1 form, including the parents' income, evidence that I work, employment contract, etc., but they did not send me anything (a confirmation) as if they had received the documents... I still call weekly and in vain, someone tells me that yes, "the documents are here", he sees them, wait until February 2nd to receive an update, in a week, again, another person "what documents"? wait until February 10, I'll call again today. wait until February 19, next week I will call and they will tell me what?
"Wait until February 26?" Please, I need a maintenance loan because I can't manage only with the income from my job, and I don't live in London and it tskes me 5 hours go/return to attend . What should I do, because I'm afraid that I will be caught as in a "trap" to be written to me to struggle to finish the year without a maintenance loan (since the first tuition fee loan payment will be made on January 24 and I've been struggling to solve this for 3 months) and I won't succeed, because I finish far in July, and I started the year at the end of October and i am struggling to not lose the app! . Thank you all very much! I await your answer and help!
Original post by Sugetipl
good evening Student Finance! My name is Stefan by mistake, I only applied for the tuition fee loan but not for the maintenance loan. Everyone tries to reassure me, including the SFE , that I am not the only one with this common mistake and that I will also receive a maintenance loan, because I am in my 3rd year, I am working and I received it in my first and second year. At the end of December, I sent them through the Post Office the PN1 form, including the parents' income, evidence that I work, employment contract, etc., but they did not send me anything (a confirmation) as if they had received the documents... I still call weekly and in vain, someone tells me that yes, "the documents are here", he sees them, wait until February 2nd to receive an update, in a week, again, another person "what documents"? wait until February 10, I'll call again today. wait until February 19, next week I will call and they will tell me what?
"Wait until February 26?" Please, I need a maintenance loan because I can't manage only with the income from my job, and I don't live in London and it tskes me 5 hours go/return to attend . What should I do, because I'm afraid that I will be caught as in a "trap" to be written to me to struggle to finish the year without a maintenance loan (since the first tuition fee loan payment will be made on January 24 and I've been struggling to solve this for 3 months) and I won't succeed, because I finish far in July, and I started the year at the end of October and i am struggling to not lose the app! . Thank you all very much! I await your answer and help!

Hi there,

Applications can take 6-8 weeks to process once we have everything from you. The timescales are estimates only so can change daily up or down depending on how busy we are. If you have been given a timescale and receive no update online on this date, then contact us back and we can check this for you.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending