The Student Room Group

friend applied after me but got an offer before me for the same course

this might be a stupid question
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
You don't have identical applications - and they may not have even read your application yet.
Its only January, stop worrying.
No. There is no knowing their internal processes unfortunately. Could be something as simple as the person who was looking at yours was sick for a day, or has a larger caseload. Could be anything.

I know it’s hard waiting, and easy to compare yourself to others. Try not to worry and don’t compare.
if you have had an acknowledgement that they have your application, then it’s just a case of wait and see.

Well done to your friend and I hope you don’t have to wait too long for some good news yourself !
No, unis don't have to reply to offers until late May. Also just because you sent in your application at the same time as hers doesn't mean much - firstly if applying through your school, yours may have gone at different times in the end once your referee added the details they do. Also there's no reason to suppose universities merely work through applications from before the deadline chronologically, and some thousand other applications are probably also in their pile (unless you applied to a really niche course e.g. Sanskrit at Oxford where there are half a dozen applicants - in which case they probably would be taking a lot of time to scrutinise each one and take as long as they need on each!).
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending