The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Miam!
Craghy's advice is good.

You could also email the admission offices of nearby colleges (Selwyn, Churchill, Fitz, and Girton's annex, Wolfson Court - there's also Newnham and New hall but they wouldn't have you obviously) explaining your situation and saying that you are willing to pay the same rate as a conference guest for a simple room? It couldn't be as expensive as a hotel.

Trinity also has accommodation (very) near there, in Burrell's Field, though I'm not sure the rooms get rented out to non-college people. But you could always ask.
I was in the same situation back in the day. They actually told me that I lived too close to get a room, despite the fact I was at least 3hrs30 minutes away by public transport and had a 9.30 am interview. Pretty shoddy of them! I just had to book a hotel, I went for Sleeperz by the way which wasn't great but it worked at least. I agree that it's rubbish if there aren't any available.
Alexander
I just had to book a hotel, I went for Sleeperz by the way which wasn't great but it worked at least. I agree that it's rubbish if there aren't available.
>

They asked if I could make alternate arrangements, but I've phoned literally all the Hotels/B&Bs near Robinson College (where I've applied!) and everywhere is booked...
He doesn't have that option :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending