The Student Room Group

Trying to understand my essay question

When it says, 'Answer with reference to empirical examples.'
Does that mean I can explain and analyse observable examples that comes to mind? Like simple things I have experienced?
Or, does it mean research data such as fieldwork or laboratory (which are empirical research methods) that I have to use and reference in my work?

The instructions further say: "Both the theoretical/conceptual and the concrete aspect of your discussion needs to be referenced" - Can some1 please verify what this all means?
Reply 1
The specification that 'concrete' examples need to be referenced suggests to me that the empirical examples thing is asking for published studies.
Original post by Nice_100
When it says, 'Answer with reference to empirical examples.'
Does that mean I can explain and analyse observable examples that comes to mind? Like simple things I have experienced?
Or, does it mean research data such as fieldwork or laboratory (which are empirical research methods) that I have to use and reference in my work?

The instructions further say: "Both the theoretical/conceptual and the concrete aspect of your discussion needs to be referenced" - Can some1 please verify what this all means?

Hello,

I would recommend you support your essay with published studies and reference scholarly articles for theoretical and empirical aspects. Because, generally when they ask to reference the concrete aspect of your discussion, it means that the empirical examples have to be taken from published studies.
However, it is always better to seek further details from the course instructor for clarification and additional guidance.

Cheers,
MSc International Business Student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending