The Student Room Group

ChatGPT reference

Hey, I requested a copyform for my application and when I received it the reference letter by my teacher was 100% chat-gpt generated, it was a good reference but it was so obviously AI and any detector I put it in says its 100%. I'm kind of worried this will negatively affect my application. Is it too late to do anything?
Original post by heismannnn
Hey, I requested a copyform for my application and when I received it the reference letter by my teacher was 100% chat-gpt generated, it was a good reference but it was so obviously AI and any detector I put it in says its 100%. I'm kind of worried this will negatively affect my application. Is it too late to do anything?

What a lazy ref!

I'm not sure whether UCAS have implemented AI checking yet, but it is on the radar. Same with any of your uni choices.

Whether it's spotted by software or just by eye, (and it will be even more obvious to someone familiar with reading them), it's likely your choices would ask for another reference.

Personally I would wait and see if they get in touch. At the end of the day it's not your error so can be rectified if it is a concern.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending