The Student Room Group

Which university should I choose: Southampton or Lancaster?

I am an international IB student, I've received offers from both universities but am unable to decide which one would be better. I'm doing a politics course for undergrad and don't really mind the environment in terms of city life or small town life although I would prefer one with more safety in terms of crime rate and so.

Would anyone be able to recommend? I'd like to know in terms of both academics and normal university life
Original post by username6726565
I am an international IB student, I've received offers from both universities but am unable to decide which one would be better. I'm doing a politics course for undergrad and don't really mind the environment in terms of city life or small town life although I would prefer one with more safety in terms of crime rate and so.

Would anyone be able to recommend? I'd like to know in terms of both academics and normal university life

Hi there,

I have heard great things about both of these universities. Hopefully I can help a little even though I am unable to share any personal experiences about them or this course.

For comparing crime rates and other statistics, some research could help. I'd recommend taking a look at some reliable news articles and statistic sites to get a better feel for the area. Here are a couple different sites that might be of some help: 1 & 2.

It would also be useful for you to check if the universities have the 'ask a student' function on their websites. This way, you can hopefully find a student on that course and ask them specific questions and address any concerns you have. You could also post in the areas on TSR that are specific to these universities to hopefully get a more direct response from a student.

I hope this helps,

Isabella
Third-year Geography with a Year Abroad Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending