The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're going to take a cab from London? :s-smilie:
Err. You might be better off saying what college you're at, when you're arriving, and whether you're arriving at the train station or the coach station. Though to be honest I've never got a taxi from the train station to anywhere near the city centre for more than £5. If you're going to Girton it might cost you more like £10, but I think that's about the only exception.
Rei

Oh, god. Please tell me he didn't mean that...
Reply 4
Rei

No i'm going to take a cab from the train station at cambridge!
Reply 5
I'm going to churchill college btw
Reply 6
Niajaboi

Yeah I knew that.. duh! :no:
Reply 7
generalebriety
Oh, god. Please tell me he didn't mean that...

:shifty:
Reply 8
Niajaboi

If you're being interviewed at one of the central colleges, it'd be far cheaper just to get a return bus ticket into town...
Reply 9
Lidka
If you're being interviewed at one of the central colleges, it'd be far cheaper just to get a return bus ticket into town...

Or just walk, it isn't exactly a huge city.
Reply 10
You'll want to get a taxi to Churchill, it's quite far away from the station (probably a couple of miles from Kings/Trinity) and not that easy to find. But share the fare? It's only gonna cost £10.
Reply 11
Which can be quite a lot if you've just paid £30.00+ for a train ticket anf you have little money...Or it could be a nice attempt to be sociable
Thicky
Which can be quite a lot if you've just paid £30.00+ for a train ticket anf you have little money...Or it could be a nice attempt to be sociable

It could be, in which case he'd do well by doing what I suggested he do - say when he's going.
Reply 13
Lidka

Do you know how much a bus ticket is? How will i know where to get off?....i don't want to get lost and be late for my interview:unsure: :unsure: .....My interview is on monday, just making travel arrangements now:yep:
Reply 14
Niajaboi
Do you know how much a bus ticket is? How will i know where to get off?....i don't want to get lost and be late for my interview:unsure: :unsure: .....My interview is on monday, just making travel arrangements now:yep:

Churchill isn't central.
Reply 15
Cantab
Churchill isn't central.

So i must take a cab then. Guess i'm going to have to do a lot of negotiating with the driver eh:biggrin:
Reply 16
I would think the Uni 4 Bus service would be the best thing to take. That goes down Madingley road and so will go right past Churchill, just ask the driver to stop there please :smile:, they are used to people not knowing where they are going (just hope you get a friendly one :p:). The price shouldn't be too much at all, only a couple of pounds.
Reply 17
Yes buthis interview is in Churchill, that is quite a way out :wink:.
stop being so lazy and walk! and there'll be quite a few unlocked bikes outside the station, just borrow one of them and remeber to return it when your done

i personally never trust busses, they never run on time
Walk. Sprint. Crawl. Take a bike. A unicycle. Take a healthy option.

Latest

Trending

Trending