The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey imagine walking to your interview, when you don't know who's going to interview you or what to expect!!!! Now tell me if you would dream of walking. I guarantee that you will be sweating on your journey and :

1) I'm not looking forward to ruining my lovely clothes
2) I want to be relaxed and not breathing heavily during the interview:yep:
3) It might rain:woo:
Niajaboi
Hey imagine walking to your interview, when you don't know who's going to interview you or what to expect!!!! Now tell me if you would dream of walking. I guarantee that you will be sweating on your journey and :

1) I'm not looking forward to ruining my lovely clothes
2) I want to be relaxed and not breathing heavily during the interview:yep:
3) It might rain:woo:

i walked to mine, and walked all around cambridge inbetween my interviews. its very relaxing

and if you breathe heavily from walking.... dear god you need help

and theres 2 nice lil inventions called umbrellas and coats for when it rains :smile:
Reply 22
A bus is by far the best option I would say :yep:
Reply 23
Im getting the train for mine....tickets booked!
Reply 24
didgeridoo12uk
i walked to mine, and walked all around cambridge inbetween my interviews. its very relaxing

and if you breathe heavily from walking.... dear god you need help

and theres 2 nice lil inventions called umbrellas and coats for when it rains :smile:

Wow i really need to be introduced to these inventions....i keep hearing about them but funny enough i have never seen them...:cool: I'm only joking, by the way was yours at churchill?
Reply 25
I'm a student here too, and at the college next door to Churchill. I'd get a taxi; it's much, much less effort. You get to step off the train, walk 20 metres, get into a taxi and get dropped off at the Porter's Lodge at Churchill, or, try and find a bus into the centre, find out where the uni4 bus picks up, get on that and tell the bus driver to drop you off at Churchill.

I get a taxi from the station every time, and I live here! The bus is just a mission... As for those complaining about laziness, it's probably a 2-3 mile walk from the train station to Churchill, and not in an obvious straight line. I wouldn't be able to navigate my way to the station, and I've been there 3 or 4 times, and Churchill is tucked down some back roads, it's not that easy to find. It's not worth the stress on the day of your interview.
Niajaboi
Wow i really need to be introduced to these inventions....i keep hearing about them but funny enough i have never seen them...:cool: I'm only joking, by the way was yours at churchill?

nah peterhouse, but then i got pooled to jesus.

but i live in cambridge now (gap year), and when my bike breaks, i quite regulary walk into town
Reply 27
Mithra
I would think the Uni 4 Bus service would be the best thing to take. That goes down Madingley road and so will go right past Churchill, just ask the driver to stop there please :smile:, they are used to people not knowing where they are going (just hope you get a friendly one :p:). The price shouldn't be too much at all, only a couple of pounds.

The Uni 4 does not go to the station though...

If you can't face taking two buses, the cost of a taxi isn't going to kill you. It would be a long walk to Churchill but not impossible.
The Uni 4 bus doesn't go from the train station though, it goes from Trumpington Street, so the OP will have to get there first. OP, just hop in a taxi and grit your teeth and pay the fare. Don't try to walk, as it will take longer than it's worth, and you don't need the stress of wondering where you're going in an unfamiliar city when you'll probably already be nervous about the interview.
Reply 29
Helenia
The Uni 4 does not go to the station though...

If you can't face taking two buses, the cost of a taxi isn't going to kill you. It would be a long walk to Churchill but not impossible.

Dahh, forgot that :p:. Only used the Uni4 for a bit in june/july and never went to the station then :smile:.
Reply 30
Niajaboi
Hey imagine walking to your interview, when you don't know who's going to interview you or what to expect!!!!

I don't see how knowing or not who's going to interview you affects the decision whether or not to walk...
Reply 31
Niajaboi
I guarantee that you will be sweating on your journey

Dear lord, it's not a trek :rolleyes:
Reply 32
Why not find a nice mix? take a bus into the city centre and then walk from there to churchill ?
For ****'s sake. He wants to get a taxi. Let him get a taxi. I wouldn't know how to get from the station to Churchill and I've lived here a year and a half. Take it from someone who walked to interview: it's not worth the hassle in a city you don't know.
generalebriety
Take it from someone who walked to interview: it's not worth the hassle in a city you don't know.

:ditto:

It caused huge stress for my first interview.
Reply 35
I have to be honest, the thought of taking a bus is even more stressful to me than walking. At least if you're walking with a map you can just re-trace your steps, on a bus there's always the threat that you'll end up in completely the wrong area. Get a taxi, unless you fancy the walk (which I generally do in situations like this) in which case pore over googlemaps for ages and print off a copy.

On the idea of sharing a taxi fare: I think it would be more hassle than it's worth. It's a nice idea, but it adds a further thing to worry about. What if they're late? What if you don't recognise each other? What if you wait in different areas, and sit waiting there unwilling to leave the _other_ person waiting alone to be late and both end up late? Nice idea, but probably not worth it.

Latest

Trending

Trending