The Student Room Group

Childcare grant and free funded nursery hours

Hi,

Can I use childcare grant and the new scheme of free childcare hours for 2 years old?
My understanding is that from April 2024 the government gives free 15 hours for 2 years old. Can I use the free 15 hours alongside childcare grant?

Thanks
Original post by Sana R
Hi,

Can I use childcare grant and the new scheme of free childcare hours for 2 years old?
My understanding is that from April 2024 the government gives free 15 hours for 2 years old. Can I use the free 15 hours alongside childcare grant?

Thanks
Hi there. Yes, you can still apply for the Childcare Grant. Student Finance England will only award you childcare costs for anything over and above the 15 hours per week which is funded by Early Years. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Original post by Sana R
Hi,

Thanks
Hi there. Yes, you can still apply for the Childcare Grant. Student Finance England will only award you childcare costs for anything over and above the 15 hours per week which is funded by Early Years. Thanks, Leah.

Thank you
Original post by Sana R

Thank youHi there, You are more than welcome, please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any further help. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending