The Student Room Group

Migraint worker student finance

Hello
I’ve applied to uni this year as a migraint worker for maintenance loan because I only had pre-settle status. I was awarded this from term 2 because I wasn’t working at beginning of September. Meanwhile I got my settle status and changed it this month. Student finance changed my payments and it’s going to give me the 4k I was supposed to get in first term if I would be working. Can anyone tell me if this is right or if it’s a mistake? Because I was told that when I change to settle status, it only applies from the next term.
Original post by Hugoaf42
Hello
I’ve applied to uni this year as a migraint worker for maintenance loan because I only had pre-settle status. I was awarded this from term 2 because I wasn’t working at beginning of September. Meanwhile I got my settle status and changed it this month. Student finance changed my payments and it’s going to give me the 4k I was supposed to get in first term if I would be working. Can anyone tell me if this is right or if it’s a mistake? Because I was told that when I change to settle status, it only applies from the next term.
Hi there,

Can you please tell us on what date the Home Office awarded you Settled Status?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Hugoaf42
Beginning of february
Okay, thanks - it's true that you normally wouldn't receive the Term 1 payment if you weren't working at the start of the academic year.

Just to check, how many Maintenance Loan payments have you had so far? According to your account, when is the next one due?

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending