The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Best students halls accomidation at Sheffield University

I havent had the oppurtunity to see the accomodations at University of Sheffield in person and have looked at the pictures online, but im still not sure which one is the best one in terms of aesthetics and moderness.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I havent had the oppurtunity to see the accomodations at University of Sheffield in person and have looked at the pictures online, but im still not sure which one is the best one in terms of aesthetics and moderness.
Hiya,

Congratulations on your offer!

In terms of the newest facilities, Allen Court is the city accommodation that has been most recently refurbished. In terms of aesthetics, most rooms are equipped with the essentials and have cream walls so you can be as creative as you want with the space!

Here is a link to all the available options for accommodation through the University.
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation

What are your requirements for an accommodation? Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

Let me know if you have anymore questions!
Jivanthika
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hiya,
In terms of the newest facilities, Allen Court is the city accommodation that has been most recently refurbished. In terms of aesthetics, most rooms are equipped with the essentials and have cream walls so you can be as creative as you want with the space!
Here is a link to all the available options for accommodation through the University.
What are your requirements for an accommodation? Is there anything in particular you are looking for?
Jivanthika
which encliffe blocks have been most recently updated? and when were frogatt, yarncliffe and millstone refurbished? also wondering about windgather?
Original post by Anonymous #2
which encliffe blocks have been most recently updated? and when were frogatt, yarncliffe and millstone refurbished? also wondering about windgather?

Hey,

I am not sure which of those blocks have been updated recently. I stayed in Endcliffe this summer for a summer school and all of the blocks next to the edge had been updated since I stayed there in first year (4 years ago).
If you have specific questions about facilities, the people at the accommodation office are lovely and will be able to give you more details.
Here are there contacts: [email protected] +44 114 222 4488

Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Reply 4
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hiya,
Jivanthika
Thank you, are there any specific blocks that you would recommend or are they all just as good as each other?
Original post by oolas
Thank you, are there any specific blocks that you would recommend or are they all just as good as each other?
Hi oolas,
I stayed in Froggatt in Endcliffe in 2021. I really enjoyed staying in Froggatt and would recommend it as it was very close to both the Village Store and the Edge. However, I would say most of the blocks in that kind of area like Yarncliffe, Derwent and Howden are relatively similar! I have had other friends who stayed in blocks further away from the Edge and they equally enjoyed living there. So, it is all down to personal preference :smile:
Hope this helped,
Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending