The Student Room Group

5th year medicine student finance

Hi

I will be entering 5th year of medicine in September 2024. I have just applied for student finance and I'm only entitled to 2081 pounds. I will also be applying for the NHS bursary but I think I might only receive another 4000 pounds extra.

My mother is a single parent and she is receiving benefits. I have been receiving the maximum amount of student finance previously (between 10000-13000) due to low-incomed.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by pm2022
Hi
I will be entering 5th year of medicine in September 2024. I have just applied for student finance and I'm only entitled to 2081 pounds. I will also be applying for the NHS bursary but I think I might only receive another 4000 pounds extra.
My mother is a single parent and she is receiving benefits. I have been receiving the maximum amount of student finance previously (between 10000-13000) due to low-incomed.
Hi there,

When you're in your 5th Year of Medicine we award you a reduced rate of Maintenance Loan. So, this does sound correct, unfortunately.

In this case we'd definitely suggest speaking to your university's Finance team to see if they can offer any help or advice.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending