The Student Room Group

Applying for university after being off sick for one year

Being off sick for a year and then applying for Uni. How will I come across on my application?
I completed my undergraduate degree in 2021 and worked for a year and a half in social work setting. I left to start another job but fell ill (nothing serious just several deficiencies that made me feel like I was dying that brought on anxiety and fear of leaving the house due to how I was feeling)
My plan was to start a masters the same year (last year) but I wasn’t in the right place and only this past two months have I started feeling better again and realised I’ve missed the January deadline although the course I want to do says I can still apply up to June if places are still available.

Has anyone had time off sick and then returned? I’m overthinking everything, such as I’ve just sat around and done nothing for over a year and that this wouldn’t look good on an application. I just don’t know what to do but really don’t want to miss another year to start my masters.

Any advice would be amazing 🫶🏻 thank you in advance x
(edited 1 month ago)
There’s a section in the reference for anything that has affected your studies. If covered there it shouldn’t impact your application.
Original post by Admit-One
There’s a section in the reference for anything that has affected your studies. If covered there it shouldn’t impact your application.

Thanks I wasn’t aware of this. It feels like such a long time ago that I did a UCAS application and all the things it contained.

Quick Reply

Latest