The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Staying in Halls - 2nd year

Hey!

Well i was thinking about staying in halls for my 2nd year. Has anyone else here done this or currently doing this and is it strange when everyone else will be a 1st year student?

I was also thinking of Broadgate Park since Halls' rates have risen by a bit, and BGP is now similar in price if you add on food costs of £20 per week. When you apply can you choose how many people you share the Kitchen area with and do they put 2nd year students together in Flats or is everyone mixed up?

Cheers
Reply 1
If you bothered to read the other threads you'd find your answers.
Anyway,

NO it's not strange to be a second year in halls. Not everyone wants to live in a house. Not everyone will be a fresher
NO when you apply, you don't choose how many people you live with. Flats are different sizes ranging from 4-8 people. When you are assigned a flat, it'll be mixed. E.g you'll have second year, third year and some freshers.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh cool cheers!
Reply 3
You can however request to live in the same flat with some of your friends, if they plan on living in halls too.
Reply 4
Bear in mind too, for catered halls the percentage of second/third years is only 6.5% compared to 93.5% freshers. There's much more of an even mix in BGP and other off campus halls if you don't want to be surrounded by freshers.

Latest

Trending

Trending