The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Well its not nice, but I guess your thinking was something along the lines of what you dont know cant hurt you. It's pretty nasty but it sounds like your mum was being a bit ott with you about it.

I dont really know how you thought leaving it in the drawer with the possibility of it being found was worth the risk, especially as its only your mum who would see you with it walking out of the toilet! If it was a guy ouside I could maybe understand your logic a bit more ... but still :\
But what if friends are over and have to change? It's not nice for them to have to carry it out as well...
aeiou81
Why does it matter if it's in the same room as food? I eat in the bathroom sometimes lol. And it won't come into contact with any food, unless you regularly keep edible stuff in your bin. Emptying it before it's full would be a complete waste, and the emptier does sort of have to get a look-see/smell when they empty it. Plus, what do you do with the bin liner in the bathroom bin? Put it in the black binbag, in the kitchen.

Well that's up to you, personally I'd never eat in the bathroom. We have two bathrooms, one with a little bin that fills up pretty quickly and is emptied every week or so. In the other bathroom, we put them in the cupboard. They're all wrapped up and tied in nappy bags. That way when the bin/cupboard needs emptied, no one's touching anything. I put it in a plastic bag and straight in the wheelie bin.

Anyway this isn't really helping the OP. I had the same sort of relationship with my mum, we never talked about anything. But really, buying a bin and putting it in the bathroom is the easiest way. It's not like she can complain if you're doing something about being more hygienic. If she asks why you bought it, just say it's because of this incident. It'll be fine though, she'll get over it.
Reply 63
Wow, it's weird you don't have a bin in there! At home we have one toilet in its own little 'cubicle' like room, and a separate bathroom - bin in there. Downstairs we have another shower room with a toilet in it. Bin in there! Here at uni, bin in the bathroom! It's essential lol! What do you even do with like finished toilet rolls? Hair? Especially long hair, if you let it just collect at the plughole of a shower and leave it - eww, but if it just goes straight down it blocks the drains... and flushing it is the same result.

I'm sorry to hear your mum is so.. anti growing up. Must suck. Maybe she's just not keen on letting her baby go sort of thing? My mum had a pack of sanitary towels stashed away for me ready lol! I plan to do the same if I ever have a daughter!
If I where your Mum; I'd also lose the rag.

What? A man can't make sanitary towel jokes?

Pfft!
Reply 65
lol i have a seperate little metal pedal top type bin SPECIALLY for that time of the month. then put th bag from that bin, in the kitchen bin, when i know it is gonna be put out for the dustmen the next day. easy.

try somethign like that OP?

tbh try imagining if you had opened that draw and found someone else's used sanitary towel in there. . . it's not exactly nice. :s-smilie: especially if you don't know how long it has been there. ..
Reply 66
bit off topic but i know someone that ate one of those used ...
did it for a dare omg that was minging
Reply 67
We don't have a bin in our bathroom. I wrap it in toilet paper and put it in the outside bin.
Reply 68
Could be worse. Imagine if there was toothbrushes in that drawer and you didn't notice.
Urgh.
ThisLittlePiggy
If I where your Mum; I'd also lose the rag.

What? A man can't make sanitary towel jokes?

Pfft!

*sniggers*
wazapee

no? seriously?
I think i was just sick a little bit in my mouth :frown:
I think it's stupid that she went mad to be honest. She's female, she knows what a used sanitary towel looks like. Tell her to get over it!! You didn't have unprotected sex with a tramp, or run off with a 60 year old male. Why the hell hadn't she brought a bin before?! What has she being doing with her tampons/sanitary towels for the last god knows how many years?!
Reply 72
wazapee

God no.:no:
Reply 73
Lol I think it's seriously weird that people can't contemplate throwing empty toilet rolls, tootpaste boxes etc in the kitchen bin, how is that difficult? Just because some people don't have bathroom bins it doesn't mean they leave their rubbish everywhere!
I don't understand the thread, what did he even do? Did he poo in the towel?
Reply 75
I think it's weird that people don't have bins in their bathroom. One of my friends doesn't, and she puts her tampons in her bedroom bin. I find that very weird.

While it's not exactly 'hard' to wrap the tampon/pad in tissue and put it in the kitchen bin, why wouldn't you save yourself the trouble and invest in a bathrrom bin?

OP: Apologise to your mum and buy a bin for the bathrrom.
Reply 76
Zoe1986
Lol I think it's seriously weird that people can't contemplate throwing empty toilet rolls, tootpaste boxes etc in the kitchen bin, how is that difficult? Just because some people don't have bathroom bins it doesn't mean they leave their rubbish everywhere!

I can't speak for anyone else, but our kitchen is downstairs and our bathroom is upstairs. So it's just easier to have a bin in both. They're hardly expensive, it's a lot easier to have one in the bathroom rather than carrying rubbish down, and if it's me that means dropping it.
Reply 77
DisgruntledMoth
Yep, my house is exactly the same as yours. You win the bin argument.

But, never fear, I have the solution to the OP's problems. Use tampons. End of.

Hehe *high 5s*

And OMG snap about the tampons thing - the only time I need to change my pad is in the morning or at the veeery end of my period :smile: problem (almost) solved :smile:
I think your mum over-reacted (as are a lot of people in this thread). It isn't disgusting, just a bit unpleasant. People are so scared of bodily fluid... it's a bit crazy if you ask me. It's not like she's been keeping a collection of used towels is she?

I can see why you hid it too. It sounds a bit like your mum's unreasonable behaviour and embarassment about certain issues has made you feel they are something to be embarassed about. You don't need to be ashamed of your natural bodily functions, we all s*** and p*** etc.

Try to separate yourself from your mother's own issues regarding this kind of thing. It's not her fault as she's learnt it from her mother... however, don't allow it to make YOU feel like crap. I hope you have a nice holiday and things calm down a little.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
*sniggers*

I do try. Glad you enjoyed it.

Latest

Trending

Trending