The Student Room Group

I think she's pregnant

I'm kinda worried, i think my best friend is pregnant. Thing is, she hasn't said anything so either she isn't and i'm just putting 2+2 together and getting 5 or she hasn't told me and we're obviously not as good a pals as i thought.
She told me about a month ago that everyone at her school was saying she was pregnant. I just assumed this was people being sick and starting rumours about her but lately i've been thinking, what if it's true and she's just not told me.
The reasons for me thinking this is that:
a)She stopped drinking with me and my other mates all of a sudden and stopped coming out as much.
b)She was acting really moody, more than normal
c) She seems to be gaining weight and developing a belly (it looks pregnant but i could be wrong)
d) My mum was talking to one of our neighbours (who isn't a gossip) who said to my mum that she'd "been hearing things" about my mate. But she didn't want to say anything to my mum incase it wasn't true and she knows we are best friends.
e) My mum apparently has a knack for knowing when someones pregnant before they even tell anyone and she thought she was pregnant from looking at her as well.

Should i say something to her when i get the chance (i.e when i get out) or just leave it and put it all down to rumours and my imagination?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ummmm.........

havent formed an oppinion on that one. if your friends thought you were pregant would you want them to confront you?
try asking her.

MB
If I were you, I'd just come straight out and ask her. Or if you don't feel you can do that, tell her that if there's anything she wants to share with someone, you're a shoulder to cry on.

Just let her know that you're there for her.
Reply 4
M-J
ummmm.........

havent formed an oppinion on that one. if your friends thought you were pregant would you want them to confront you?

Well, if i was i would have told them, especially this friend because we usually tell each other everything. If i wasn't but they thought i was then i wouldn't blame them for asking if they had good reasons for doing so.
Reply 5
need_money
I'm kinda worried, i think my best friend is pregnant. Thing is, she hasn't said anything so either she isn't and i'm just putting 2+2 together and getting 5 or she hasn't told me and we're obviously not as good a pals as i thought.
She told me about a month ago that everyone at her school was saying she was pregnant. I just assumed this was people being sick and starting rumours about her but lately i've been thinking, what if it's true and she's just not told me.
a)She stopped drinking with me and my other mates all of a sudden and stopped coming out as much.
c) She seems to be gaining weight and developing a belly (it looks pregnant but i could be wrong)
d) My mum was talking to one of our neighbours (who isn't a gossip) who said to my mum that she'd "been hearing things" about my mate. But she didn't want to say anything to my mum incase it wasn't true and she knows we are best friends.
e) My mum apparently has a knack for knowing when someones pregnant before they even tell anyone and she thought she was pregnant from looking at her as well.

Should i say something to her when i get the chance (i.e when i get out) or just leave it and put it all down to rumours and my imagination?

Yeah if you ask her you'll find out, I doubt anyone could cover that up, I reckon she'd either tell you or you'd know she was lying. It's kinda cruel to back her into a corner but assuming you want to know in order to help her then I'd say the means justify the end.

Probably want to do something sooner rather than later though. Options in these matters decrease as time goes on.
Reply 6
the fact that she hasnt told you already probably means that its either untrue or she doesnt want people to know about it.

depending on how old she is, she may want an abortion. if this is the case she certainly wouldnt want every man and his dog knowing about it.

if she tells you then gr8 if she doesnt then you have to respect her decision.
Reply 7
how old is she
Reply 9

Fixed your link for you (hope you don't mind.)
need_money

As a mate of yours her chances of having a teenage pregnancy are automatically higher than the national average so it looks like it's certainly on the cards. :p:
start talking about periods and see what she says :biggrin:
lessthanthree
Guh. I'd probably kill someone who asked me if I was pregnant if I actually wasn't!

Is there a way you might be able to weedle it out of her a little more subtly, like asking her for a chat, asking her what's on her mind as of late...or if she doesn't get it, maybe indicate that you've been hearing some stuff, and you're wondering how she's dealing with the rumours?

[for god's sake, don't even hint that you think she might be].

Threaten to punch her in thee belly?!

MB
Reply 13
trigger
how old is she

She's 15.
Reply 14
BlackHawk
start talking about periods and see what she says :biggrin:

Hm...good idea actually. :biggrin:
Reply 15
englishstudent
As a mate of yours her chances of having a teenage pregnancy are automatically higher than the national average so it looks like it's certainly on the cards. :p:

:rolleyes:
get her to come round and then sit her on your bed and look her straight in the eyes and ask.
gossip_girl
get her to come round and then sit her on your bed and look her straight in the eyes and ask.

No don't do this unless you are absolutely sure she is indeed pregnant, otherwise you may offend her really badly. If it turns out that she is not pregnant, she is probably feeling self conscious as there are untrue rumours circulating about her, and so her best friend asking her whether they were true would knock her confidence too much. And if one of my friends asked me if I was pregnant I would a) be mortally offended, b) never speak to them again and c) probably go on some crash diet, neither of which we want this girl to do.
feefifofum
No don't do this unless you are absolutely sure she is indeed pregnant, otherwise you may offend her really badly. If it turns out that she is not pregnant, she is probably feeling self conscious as there are untrue rumours circulating about her, and so her best friend asking her whether they were true would knock her confidence too much. And if one of my friends asked me if I was pregnant I would a) be mortally offended, b) never speak to them again and c) probably go on some crash diet, neither of which we want this girl to do.

well if they are best friends she should inderstand and not take it to personal
Reply 19
feefifofum

Yeah well she did already have an issue with her weight before when she really had no need to. I spend most of my time trying to persuade her that shes not fat.

Latest

Trending

Trending