The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I literally just figured out today that I get headaches when I try drinking more water. I have been trying to figure it out forever but it is definitely water that causes them and my neck gets really stiff too. I drink filtered water. I am so glad I found this thread and it's not just me, I am going to try all the ideas listed here!
Why does my head hurts when i drink a lot of water Ava Blake...
I have the exact same problem as the OP. I only probaly drink a litre of drink a day anyway always have done abs never had any issues. Started the gym again (seem to do this every few years) and started drinking bottled water again. Straight away serious headaches to which In reality I never have a headache.
Original post by Davedave2020
I have the exact same problem as the OP. I only probaly drink a litre of drink a day anyway always have done abs never had any issues. Started the gym again (seem to do this every few years) and started drinking bottled water again. Straight away serious headaches to which In reality I never have a headache.

Bit of an old thread. Maybe make a new one. :wink:
I have the same issue! cant find alot of info on it. like i drink the recommended amount. I definitely do not over drink. wonder if my body is in some sort of withdrawl bc even as a child i lived off mountain dew.
Ridiculously old thread but maybe its related to salt intake. I upped my salt intake and started to have this happen. I also happen to have recently been diagnosed with hashimotos but it can cause hyponatremia. The balance of salt/ water ratio in your body being off and your signals are off even though you really need the water. I have no advice on getting the right balance but maybe lowering your sodium intake will help prevent this. Or maybe you have an undiagnosed condition. It could possibly be if you are athletic that you have not been getting enough salt in your diet and drinking any water lowers your salt levels more.
Drink lots of water
I have the exact same issue! No explanation, no real answers! So frustrating

Latest