The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I really cannot believe how frequent these threads are... there is at least one per day but STILL they keep appearing.

It may not appear to you to be the norm but if you look around this forum for just one minute you will find it is far more common than you think.
You would also see that most guys don't find it to be a problem either.

I too have "done nothing" and will be going to uni this year - it doesn't matter, and anyone who does consider it to be a problem is not worth your time.
You sound desperate...
Reply 3
Its OK, I know loads of people in your position. It's not that strange. If you're 20 odd and still the same start worrying then.
Reply 4
Don't worry, there are loads of people like you (see the other million threads about this).

I wouldn't be put off at all. I'd be more put off by someone who feels the need to do something with a guy JUST to be normal. Who cares what other people do anyway.
I know loads of people like you. You just haven't been in the right place at the right time to meet that guy. At uni there will be loads of girls and BOYS like you. Don't worry! xo
Reply 6
pamelaa
Its OK, I know loads of people in your position. It's not that strange. If you're 20 odd and still the same start worrying then.

Nah a lot of it is luck and choice. If people haven't met the right person by 20, doesn't mean they should start doing stuff just for the sake of it or even that anything is wrong with them.
There are plenty of Christians, Muslims, males, females, atheists, theists, chavs (though less so), toffs and normal people in the same position as you. It's not uncommon, and it's certainly not a problem. :smile:
Reply 8
On this forum, that is normal.
chill...

Its very normal, don't fret. I'm a guy, theres tons of single people at university that tend to pair up.
Reply 10
Can we get some sort of stickied topic about all this? These threads are too often.
Reply 11
cant you just search it?
Its not a problem btw, loads of people have "done nothing," you arent weird lol
Reply 12
Boys are for LOSERS!

Fact.

Keep your sanity and stay single!!
Reply 13
Ahhhh I don't understand people who are worried about this.

You have your whole life ahead of you do not worry about not having had a boyfriend or not done anything sexual.

You are not weird, off putting or anything like that.

Focus on yourself, if you don't love or even like yourself no else will either.
Anonymous
Im 17 and never had a boyfriend or done anything with a guy.:eek3:
Would this put you off a girl if you found this out about her?
Do you think this is weird?
I'm worried about going to Uni still having done nothing.

lol! chill!

I turned 18 a couple of months ago! and I never had a girlfriend! nor have I ever done anything with one!

It's not that I am gay or anything...

Just religion stuff! but you shouldn't let it bother you!

coz if you do then that's when you start doubting yourself. Which is a bad feeling!
You're 17. Nothing to worry about. I had my first boyfriend at 15, and to be honest looking back on it I'd much rather have waited till I was older (or when I met my current bf). I think that the older you are, the more you can actually get out of a relationship.

You've definitely got nothing to worry about if you've not had a boyfriend yet. You'll get a lot more out of it when you find someone that's right for you, rather than get a boyfriend just to say you've had one, so don't worry about it :smile:.
if you get out of your little community of friends who are all sleeping around with guys and girls you will see the bigger picture that more than 80% of 15to20 year olds are virgins and 70% have never had a girlfriend/boyfriend

i personally am 17 and have never had a girlfriend or done anything with a girl

but i know it's normal because out of 180 people in my school about 10 to 15 have girl/boyfriends and it's the same in the whole country...

get over it

i'm waiting until university and after university

you're just normal
Reply 17
I'm 19 only had one girlfriend :P but was for year and half. So im a single pringle :wink: [wink] to all single girls in leeds/york :smile:
Reply 18
Don't worry, someone will be more than happy to deflower you during freshers week!
Reply 19
Anonymous
if you get out of your little community of friends who are all sleeping around with guys and girls you will see the bigger picture that more than 80% of 15to20 year olds are virgins and 70% have never had a girlfriend/boyfriend

i personally am 17 and have never had a girlfriend or done anything with a girl

but i know it's normal because out of 180 people in my school about 10 to 15 have girl/boyfriends and it's the same in the whole country...

get over it

i'm waiting until university and after university

you're just normal

Do you have any evidence for those figures besides the 180 people at your school? From my experience those numbers seem way off, just curious.

Latest

Trending

Trending