The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i just rub salt on them normaly. Its normaly gone the next day but it stings like hell sometimes.
Reply 2
Eric doesn't swallow salty fluids, he spits :eek:
Reply 3
lessthanthree
It's horrible, but you'll just have to persevere until the salt takes effect.

Is there an average time that it usually takes for it to vanish? or am i talking nonsense?
Reply 4
Ellie4
Eric doesn't swallow salty fluids, he spits :eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

flithy minded pervert :eek: :rolleyes: :p:
as...you're just have to put up with the pain until it works. then the pain will slowly go away. :smile:
Reply 6
Do ulcers pop? coz last time i had 1 i woke up and it had a big hole in it. :confused:
Reply 7
i bite mine too hehe
Reply 8
lessthanthree
I don't think so O.o

But I bite holes in mine, so..

:eek: that must hurt a lot. :eek:
Reply 9
lessthanthree
well, I numb them and attack them.

It's stupid, but it makes me feel better.

Well whatever rocks your boat.

Thanx for your help peeps. :top:
Reply 10
ive had mouth ulcers for years and nothing seems to stop them comming. dont have them constantly but when they come they come in 3s or 4s inc spot on tongue! last around 1-2weeks :frown:

try http://www.mouthulcers.org/
I use some *strong* anticeptic mouth wash, makes your eyes water :p:

But they are gone in the morning :smile:
Reply 12
i heard mouth wash kills the "good" bacteria as well as the "bad" so it may actually take longer to heal? so i gave up using listerine :/
Reply 13
bonjella works wonders and theres this stuff you can get from herbal shops tablets merc sol?? its very good
I get bad ulcer outbreaks sometimes so the dentist has given me hydrocortisone tablets you have to let them dissolve in your mouth they taste disgusting so they are only used when its really bad.
Reply 14
bonjella doesnt really heal it, just numbs the pain - at least for me. do you hold your finger on it for a few seconds with some pressure or just apply it lightly?
Reply 15
I get them all the time, esp before concerts, as I'm a trumpet player. Mine always get holes in. I just slap bonjella everywhere. It makes your finger go numb too.
Reply 16
marmitemarmitemarmite, it stings like HELL but it kills the ulcer... works well yesyes.
Reply 17
wow havnt heard that one. i read about making the ulcer bleed to help healing through applying raw salt or scrubbing with a toothbrush - i tired both last night lol and it was deep blood red. dunno if its done much :s

also taking "Berocca" is supposed to sort out any imbalances in your body which may cause an ulcer.
Reply 18
rxbeef
marmitemarmitemarmite, it stings like HELL but it kills the ulcer... works well yesyes.

doesn't work for me.
Reply 19
viviki
doesn't work for me.

you would need to do it over a few days, maybe twice a day to start seeing any effect. do it before u go to bed andwhen u wake up. maybe during the day too.

im trying it... hope its not a prank lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending