The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

dubstep in nottingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Well Emalkays this Friday, Skream's about mid October, think there's nuff going on though, I reckon there'll be at least one decent night a week.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
SensiDub
Well Emalkays this Friday, Skream's about mid October, think there's nuff going on though, I reckon there'll be at least one decent night a week.

Skream, Count me in :smile:
Reply 82
Ennit! High Contrast is playing too and stanton warriors this friday its all going on!
Reply 83
You guys know of anything happening this week?
Reply 84
At Stealth on friday, Reso and Dj Zinc are playing, haven't heard about any other things going on though.
Reply 85
Don't spose anyone has any spare tickets to detonate on friday?!!... desperate here!
Reply 86
Tricky1
There is a thriving dubstep scene in notts with artists like Geiom, Spamchop and Lone all being local and theres at least one big night a week...

I run a monthly night at Market Bar (in the lacemarket) called Tektronik which is predominantly dubstep. last year we had debut nottingham sets from Nero, Bar9 and Rob Sparx. We also had Headhunter b2b Komonazmuk, Spamchop and Metaphi and we've got some HUGE plans for this year.

Our next night is on the 24th October and its a Punch Drunk Recordings Special with Peverelist, Guido and Gatekeeper + the sickest student djs in notts!!

For £4 guestlist send me a PM or email me. Also we're always looking for enthusiastic people and DJs to join our team so if any of you are interested in getting involved or helping out send me a PM or email.

See you somewhere in Notts...

Take it easy!

Jonners x

Tektronik is sick man, and the Punch Drunk night was heavy definitely good to hear less commercial and more ambient dubstep (as opposed to the CaspaRuskoBenga ****).
Reply 87
Anyone going to see Sub Focus and Emalkay at detonate this friday? I can't wait!!!!!!!!
Reply 88
its next friday man!
and noisia is also playing :biggrin:
Reply 89
jesus, i'm definitely on it then!
Reply 90
Yeah 22nd lol
I got my ticket, I wanna see Emalkay!!
Reply 91
emalkay & subfocus this friday :smile:

radio 1's dubstep dj mary anne hobbs next friday :o:

and caspa on Feb 5th :yep:

anyone go to the detonate nye event at rock city? Caspa was sick. :eek:

plus also playing on the caspa night is the best reggae dj ever - david rodigan :woo:

check out the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR0oQwrlZD8

:woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :woo:
Reply 92
Emalkay was amazing! When he played 'Explicit' :smile:
I was at the front for most of it, just wish it wasn't so packed out in Stealth!
Shame I couldn't get a ticket.
Not dubstep but i am going to The Firefly night tonight at The Marcus Garvey :P
Reply 94
Millie B
Emalkay was amazing! When he played 'Explicit' :smile:
I was at the front for most of it, just wish it wasn't so packed out in Stealth!

hahah yeah espec. considering its filled with people intent on causing aggro aswell, had at least two pricks try and start fights with me last night! Great night tho, i caught a bit of Noisia as well who were banging
Reply 95
SensiDub
hahah yeah espec. considering its filled with people intent on causing aggro aswell, had at least two pricks try and start fights with me last night! Great night tho, i caught a bit of Noisia as well who were banging

Mmmm, I didn't get to hear Noisia, I'm not that familiar with their music. Emalkay was key for me :yep: glad I got to see him, I wished he was on longer!
You guys, you are a godsend

Since moving to Nottingham I have met many lovely people but not a single person who is into DnB or dubstep nights, which is ok for a while... but now i'm starting to go a little bit insane, especially seeing as there is such a huge scene here.

I went to Detonate NYE with some friends from home and now I mentally want to go to all the events, but no one will go with me! They def need a society at NTU, i just don't know how you're spose to meet these people!

Anyway add me on facebook if you want its Corinne Homer

It would just be a relief to know ANYONE from round here with the same taste in nights out

Taaaa :wink: xx
Reply 97
CorinneLian

Corinne i know exactly what you mean!! Not been into dubstep for thaaaat long, but back home in Leeds all my friends were into the underground dance scene, really miss the decent clubnights & warehouse parties and stuff.

Met some great people here but all anyone ever seems to want to do is EQ, revs or walkabout pffft!

It's frustrating when there's so much happening but not knowing anyone to go with.

There's a 'rave' society at trent, not really checked it out but could be a way of meeting people who like decent music maybe
Reply 98
KTpie
Corinne i know exactly what you mean!! Not been into dubstep for thaaaat long, but back home in Leeds all my friends were into the underground dance scene, really miss the decent clubnights & warehouse parties and stuff.

Met some great people here but all anyone ever seems to want to do is EQ, revs or walkabout pffft!

It's frustrating when there's so much happening but not knowing anyone to go with.

There's a 'rave' society at trent, not really checked it out but could be a way of meeting people who like decent music maybe

The 'rave' society doesn't seem like the right kind of society, I might be wrong??!

Anyway, I'm lucky enough to have neighbours who listen to dubstep and dnb (found out as they have an amazing sound system, you can hear from two floors down! And pretty much all the dubstep/dnb tunes that I have, so thats was good) we went to detonate last friday, you and corinne should go to stealth! However nothing compares to the Custard Factory in my opinion in terms of the venue :yep: but Nottingham gets a lot of good dj's.
Reply 99
^^^Really? I'm going to the Custard Factory on the 27th for the first time.

Basslaced this Friday at Stealth, Shy FX & Caspa!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending