The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
just tell her that its not her boyfriend i'm interested in, or just say i wasn't asking for a threesome
DominF
... You make sense. No wonder I've never had a girlfriend. :p:

TBH it's kinda hard to explain all that on a Message Board, through written words, as there are several ways for girls to say "I have a boyfriend" - and whether she really means it or not cannot be effectively determined without the context, where the situation takes place, the circumstances, her tone of voice, her body language, facial expressions etc. That's also why "on-line pickup" is such a lame thing to do, as you don't have all those gravely important signs that accompany a spoken message, and all those things can work on your advantage, but you need to have access to them first and foremost, whereas they're just non-existent in cyberspace.
Reply 42
WhatawickedDJ
You slapped him for that? Psycho. I hate how women think they can go round being violent these days.

Probably, and i don't think a slap is very violent. If i kneed him in the groin...that would have been violent.
Dodo XD
Probably, and i don't think a slap is very violent. If i kneed him in the groin...that would have been violent.

So you wouldn't make a complete scene if he slapped you back? Of course you would.
Reply 44
WhatawickedDJ
So you wouldn't make a complete scene if he slapped you back? Of course you would.

Slap me back? LOL, and in what world would that have happened? Would knocking him out count as making a scene?
Dodo XD
Once i said that as a "shield" and he replied "So? I've got a gf"...He went home with a slap.

That's one of the worst things to be said and makes one look foolish, embarrassing and pathetic. But still, slapping and generally violence is totally cartoonish, so now I think that's better to look like a fool than to duplicate the mid-1950's Disney "Mickey & Minnie" cartoon stereotypes in the real life and look like a bunch of pencil-drawn lines set in motion by rapid frame movement. :rolleyes:

Laughing him off and turning your back on him, along with perm-ignore would have been sufficient enough, and - I dare to say it - would probably have hurt him more than a faceslap that he most likely had stopped feeling after 5 minutes or one more pint of lager. :yep:
Reply 46
ok she tells you because

a) not interested
b) wants to make you aware of the situation so she isn't as much to blame if you carry on
Reply 47
Dynamitri
No surprise, that's one of the worst things to be said and makes one look foolish, embarrassing and pathetic :rolleyes:

...and ******* stupid!
"Oh I knew you had a boyfriend, just needed to practice my pick up lines in a real life situation, thanks for playing".
Iron Mask Duval
"Oh I knew you had a boyfriend, just needed to practice my pick up lines in a real life situation, thanks for playing".

lol, that's a funny one, but would that leave you with any chances? :confused:

I imagine it being as an absolute closure, as in you taking a leap right after finishing the sentence - that is no good :p:
Reply 50
Dynamitri
*fixed*.

You'd be surprised at how many times it is possible to still get laid with a girl that says she has a boyfriend - regardless of whether it is true or not.

Some of my ideas are (of course these are merely the fundamentals that have to have everything built around them and these cannot be treated as full-on replies of any sorts, otherwise it'll make you screw up horrendously):

- That's cool (carry on talking immediately, changing the subjects)
- That's great, I'm happy that there's someone to make you happy (carry on talking immediately, changing the subjects)
- If you wouldn't have had one, I wouldn't have considered you to be a challenge of any sorts
- I haven't asked about that, have I?
- I'm not interested in getting to know him better, I'm interested in getting to know you better
- O RLY?! Anyway... (carry on talking immediately, changing the subjects)
- [laugh] You really thought I've been hitting on you? That's awesome, cheers for the compliment. Come on, let's have a sit, tell me what has made you think that way, it's funny, I'd like to know that...

Written down they might sound cheesy and tacky, but along with proper body language and credible acting they actually can keep the fun going on. Of course there are a lot of predeterminig factors that might make you a winner or a ignominous loser, with you not having influence on all of them anyhow (e.g. the general disposition/temper of a girl or just her mood on that particular day), but that kind of "verbal ping-pong" actually can boost your chances much more than waddling away ashamed. Verified. :headbang:

Your body language isn't always like this, is it?

If it was, and I was female, I'd find it very disconcerting. Maybe even to the point where I told you I had two boyfriends.
Dodo XD
...and ******* stupid!

Okay, but it still is no reason to use violence - especially when you are perfectly aware of that he is in no way able to hit you back because of the social stigma associated with men using physical violence on women.

What exactly was the reason for you to punch him?
I am quite certain it has not been teaching him a lesson, has it :rolleyes: The only plausible explanation for that I can see is a strong will to cause public humiliation, nothing more, nothing less. Healthy-minded people don't have the urge to humiliate others, let alone in public. There are dozen ways of evading yourself out of an uncomfortable situation, violence shouldn't be one of them, unless you really feel your life is in danger. Otherwise what takes place is a mental throwback to the Stone Age, so then you shouldn't have been surprised if a guy was to grab you by the waist, hang you over his shoulder and take back to his homestead. In fact, you should have been pretty happy with it. :redface:
Hahaha, well whether or not she had a boyfriend or just wanted to get rid of me I'd take the hint and work out my chances were slim to none, if I was going anyway might as well go out with a bang.
She might even find it funny.........might..
Reply 53
Dynamitri
Okay, but it still is no reason to use violence - especially when you are perfectly aware of that he is in no way able to hit you back because of the social stigma associated with men using physical violence on women.

What exactly was the reason for you to punch him?
I am quite certain it has not been teaching him a lesson, has it :rolleyes: The only plausible explanation for that I can see is a strong will to cause public humiliation, nothing more, nothing less. Healthy-minded people don't have the urge to humiliate others, let alone in public. There are dozen ways of evading yourself out of an uncomfortable situation, violence shouldn't be one of them, unless you really feel your life is in danger. Otherwise what takes place is a mental throwback to the Stone Age, so then you shouldn't have been surprised if a guy was to grab you by the waist, hang you over his shoulder and take back to his homestead. In fact, you should have been pretty happy with it. :redface:

No comment...
Reply 54
Banquo
Your body language isn't always like this, is it?

If it was, and I was female, I'd find it very disconcerting. Maybe even to the point where I told you I had two boyfriends.

ROFL!
Banquo
If it was, and I was female

But you aren't, so your opinion is null and void and absolutely irrelevant. Appreciate your input to this thread, though. Thank you. :yep:
I am completely guilty of the "I have a boyfriend" line. I hate being mean, so that's the best way I can think of to not hurt a guy's feelings whether it's true or not. Trust me, unless the girl's a complete, well, you-know-what she is giving you an unequivocal no.

I might actually be mean to someone who continued to hit on me after that point, since that's pretty creeptastic.
Dodo XD
No comment...

Why "No comment"? Was anything that I wrote inappropriate, unfitting? Incorrect? Were any of the points I made invalid?

No, I'm being serious - go on, and please expand, 'cause I'm really genuinely interested in what counter-arguments can you offer that would actually render my whole statement rubbish and unapplicable. :confused:
Reply 58
Dynamitri
Why "No comment"? Was anything that I wrote inappropriate, unfitting? Incorrect? Were any of the points I made invalid?

No, I'm being serious - go on, and please expand, 'cause I'm really genuinely interested in what counter-arguments can you offer that would actually render my whole statement rubbish and unapplicable. :confused:

I wasn't bothered to read all that...so quite simply: no comment!
Reply 59
Dynamitri
But you aren't, so your opinion is null and void and absolutely irrelevant. Appreciate your input to this thread, though. Thank you. :yep:

Ouch. You're very touchy.

You didn't answer my question either.

Latest

Trending

Trending