Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive just had a weird thought, it has only just occured to me that no one ever actually sees their own face in the flesh. In order to see yourself it has to either be a reflection or a photo and neither give an 100% accurate reflection cause of the type of mirror glass and cameras hide/enhance faults. Has everyone thought this before or is it just me lol?

ReputationRep:
    well that was pretty random lol

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's not just you I thought that ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    I feel a mirror does the job

BUT then ....there are times when I take photos I realise I look different

then I'm like oh right, cos I'm used to see myself as a mirror image

AND what if they were a twin?

ReputationRep:
    Is that a good thing? I look dashing in the mirror btw, but crappy in photos :getmecoat:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    It has crossed my mind before...

ReputationRep:
    They also hide the good features of the face, tbf if you look all the way down you can see your nose.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone every see a 100% accurate version of anything, since everyone has different flaws in their eyes, nerves and brain that mean we see everything slightly different to everyone else? Which leads us to ask the question is there a 100% accurate vision of anything, and if so how do we judge that?

ReputationRep:
    You have to feel sorry for Cats and Dogs. If i were one, i'd be really confused what to mate with..

(because i'd have no idea what i looked like...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurntDesire™)
    Is that a good thing? I look dashing in the mirror btw, but crappy in photos :getmecoat:
    Haha same. And then people always tell me I look far better in real life than in photos. It's confusing.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. My nose is large enough to see without even trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    I feel a mirror does the job

BUT then ....there are times when I take photos I realise I look different

then I'm like oh right, cos I'm used to see myself as a mirror image

AND what if they were a twin?
    Your sig :eek3:
    Urghh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *theKid*)
    Your sig http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/eek3.gif
    Urghh
    my forearm feels hurt

ReputationRep:
    I am ugly in photo's but when I see myself in mirrors I don't look too shabby imho

ReputationRep:
    I can see my nose......

ReputationRep:
    Though there was that "mirror"-type invention invented a while back where the glass was all bumpy, so viewers could see themselves in the way seen by others...

ReputationRep:
    this is rubbish. When u see someone, you are sensing the light which is not absorped by the atoms on their skin, and is thus reflected. You see the exact same when you look into a mirror, except the light has simply bounced off a mirrored surface.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    my forearm feels hurt
    Lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.