The Student Room Group

You can never actually see yourself

Ive just had a weird thought, it has only just occured to me that no one ever actually sees their own face in the flesh. In order to see yourself it has to either be a reflection or a photo and neither give an 100% accurate reflection cause of the type of mirror glass and cameras hide/enhance faults. Has everyone thought this before or is it just me lol?
well that was pretty random lol
Reply 2
Nah, it's not just you I thought that ages ago.
Reply 3
I feel a mirror does the job

BUT then ....there are times when I take photos I realise I look different

then I'm like oh right, cos I'm used to see myself as a mirror image

AND what if they were a twin?
Is that a good thing? I look dashing in the mirror btw, but crappy in photos :getmecoat:
It has crossed my mind before...
Reply 6
They also hide the good features of the face, tbf if you look all the way down you can see your nose.
Reply 7
Can anyone every see a 100% accurate version of anything, since everyone has different flaws in their eyes, nerves and brain that mean we see everything slightly different to everyone else? Which leads us to ask the question is there a 100% accurate vision of anything, and if so how do we judge that?
Reply 8
You have to feel sorry for Cats and Dogs. If i were one, i'd be really confused what to mate with..

(because i'd have no idea what i looked like...:biggrin:)
Reply 9
BurntDesire™
Is that a good thing? I look dashing in the mirror btw, but crappy in photos :getmecoat:

Haha same. And then people always tell me I look far better in real life than in photos. It's confusing.
I disagree. My nose is large enough to see without even trying.
Reply 11
Adonis
I feel a mirror does the job

BUT then ....there are times when I take photos I realise I look different

then I'm like oh right, cos I'm used to see myself as a mirror image

AND what if they were a twin?

Your sig :eek3:
Urghh
Reply 12
*theKid*
Your sig
Urghh

my forearm feels hurt
Reply 13
I am ugly in photo's but when I see myself in mirrors I don't look too shabby imho
I can see my nose......
Though there was that "mirror"-type invention invented a while back where the glass was all bumpy, so viewers could see themselves in the way seen by others...
Reply 16
this is rubbish. When u see someone, you are sensing the light which is not absorped by the atoms on their skin, and is thus reflected. You see the exact same when you look into a mirror, except the light has simply bounced off a mirrored surface.
Reply 17
Adonis
my forearm feels hurt

Lol

Latest

Trending

Trending