The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

in my experience theres nothing wrong with being nice :smile: most of the time you get rewarded for your kindness further down the road :wink: but theres a difference between being nice and being too much "friend-material" theres nothing bad about flirting or being naughty as well as being nice
Reply 81
Gibb~
But eventually girls get bored of the 'nice guy'

I don't get bored of nice guys... I have two great guy friends :woo: Better then having a womaniser one haha

Why, you mean romantically?
Reply 82
Sakura-Chan
Sometimes, most of the time it's more of a slow burn. You'll see them around for ages and think nothing of it, then BOOM! One day you'll realise how absolutely perfect they are and chase them like hell :p:

I'm still waiting on that day...

I think it's easier to just be a prick and "bad guy" rather than a nice guy so there's nothing wrong with it. Obviously nice guy is now related to being really boring but that 100% doesn't have to be the case.
Reply 83
Meagz
I WOULD BE GLAD TO.

Seriously :awesome:

Careful, Meagz. :pierre:
:p:
You'd get a slap more like!
Frannnnn
girls here are saying they want nice guys. but they get boring quickly. you need some spice in a relationship not just a soppy bastard. something in the middle.

I agree with this you just need to find a middle.
Sharpy09
I can relate to that.. i used to be the same as your bf as i used to have bugegr all confidence.. But thats changed now and i dont have a problem meeting new people and speaking up. maybe i just have a bad image of the "nice guy" from tv? or maybe nightclubs isnt the best place to try and find "nice girls"

maybe ur too concentrated on the fact that u think ur a "nice guy" and maybe think too much wen u meet girls in clubs. Just learn to except who u are, be who u r and have fun instead of worrying bout urself n looking for girls.
Reply 87
So many of the responses by girls in this thread are absolute rubbish. Out of all these girls who say they prefer 'nice guys' how many of them actually are in relationships with nice guys? very very few I imagine.
Reply 88
Sharpy09
I was up the other night thinking as you do and it occured to me that i may actually of actually developed nice guy syndrome.... and i think its started to come across when im on a night out aswel as i seem to end up becoming friends with girls on a night out rather than anything else. But that maybe because i am just one of them happy drunks who talks to everyone. Even in past relationships i have started becoming to nice and losing the spontanious edge. I became :
*reliable
*predictable
*unargumentitive
*and always bieng nice.

What do people think? doctors for me? pump some anti-nice guy medicine back into me?. :smile:

Anyone else suffering or got anything wise to say about this annoying syndrome?:smile:

Theres nothing wrong with any of the qualities you mentioned, they are good to have. Maybe you are being too nice though.. dont take **** from people. Dont turn into a prick, but maybe just try and be a bit more spontaneous and stick up for yourself more?
Dont be a nice guy, thats my problem tooo (gf said i was gentle & nice) , be a bit of a jerk sometimes i guess.
Reply 90
Alexandra1234567
I was being facetious, and thanks for the relationship advice :lolwut:

I'm aware it's a common misconception...Much like that 'girls don't want nice guys'...the point the OP was trying to make.

And you need to consider that unless a person is constantly moving about (or mid change of circumstance, i.e. going to uni) you tend to be around the same people regularly so it's not like new people crop up constantly, so incase they aren't nice guys, they will be the source of current opinion.

Sorry I couldn't tell.

I apologise.
Reply 91
:rofl2: At all the women in this thread going, "Don't beat yourself up, we love nice guys!!!!!".

What the OP described is hardly nice guy syndrome, it's just a bit boring. :sadnod:

You can be "nice" without being predictable and unargumentative.
Reply 92
n0c0ntr0l
Nice guy syndrome sucks. It's not the being nice, its the non-flirty, boring predicatble, woman on a pedestal behavior thats the problem. Just be confident. Know that you are wanted for you.

This guy knows. :yes:

OP you gotta be more sexual when you interact. Not groping, but start creating sexual tension with your tone of voice and body language, and have fun with it. Start thinking of girls in a more sexual way and they will reciprocate.
Reply 93
Nice guys finish last. Ignore what girls say, if you want a girl quickly you cant be the nice guy.
Reply 94
Girls are attracted to confidence, attractiveness, fun, people with a sense of humour, a bit of a challenge
I'm past the stage of feeling sorry for myself for being a nice guy and not getting girls.
It's a fact of life that girls will say they want a nice guy and then get with a bad boy, so to speak.

Lol I'm just imagining all the girls who have been hurt by one of these bad boys, go to cry on the shoulder of the nice guy to complain about how they never find a nice guy, only to proceed to get with the next bad boy.
Reply 96
Rated R Superstar
I'm past the stage of feeling sorry for myself for being a nice guy and not getting girls.
It's a fact of life that girls will say they want a nice guy and then get with a bad boy, so to speak.

Lol I'm just imagining all the girls who have been hurt by one of these bad boys, go to cry on the shoulder of the nice guy to complain about how they never find a nice guy, only to proceed to get with the next bad boy.

Its not us girls like *********. Its that we are attracted to their confidence, how laid back they are and how fun they are. They are normally attractive aswell tbh.
We do like nice guys, but normally 'nice guys' are a bit boring and thats why we are not attracted to them. You can be nice, confident, fun, and have a good sense of humour. But it just so happens that 'bad guys' have qualities we are attracted to in a man
Well there's two different types of nice guys.

Ones that are just generally nice people and want the best for everyone.

Then there are ones that are usually over nice as they're so scared of being left out or unliked.

The 2nd type usually ends up getting taken advantage of a lot and there's not really much they can do about it, as long as you're not that kind then you've got nothing to worry about. Live long and prosper!
blondyx
Its not us girls like *********. Its that we are attracted to their confidence, how laid back they are and how fun they are. They are normally attractive aswell tbh.
We do like nice guys, but normally 'nice guys' are a bit boring and thats why we are not attracted to them. You can be nice, confident, fun, and have a good sense of humour. But it just so happens that 'bad guys' have qualities we are attracted to in a man

Yeah, I totally understand what attracts girls to bad boys. I'd like to think I'm confident and fun too, but as a nice guy, I'm not really the first one to be noticed in comparison to the louder, more dominant personalities of 'bad boys'.

Also, most of these threads ultimately boil down to whether the guy/girl is hot lol.
Reply 99
Gibb~
Nice guys go unnoticed by women though.

And rightly so. Gentlemen, however, don't.

Latest

Trending

Trending