The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Get her to take the morning after pill just in case....and buy some better quality condoms.
Reply 2
yeah check it out just in case and next time buy durex.
Reply 3
02mik_e
yeah check it out just in case and next time buy durex.

Durex splits as well you know :mad:

Morning after pill. Gogogo, sooner the better. I don't think they can test whether she's pregnant for at least 2 weeks or so.
Reply 4
Yeah I knew a girl who got pregnant that way so its definitely possible.

Sort it out and be nice!
Reply 5
Iron Mask Duval
Get her to take the morning after pill just in case....and buy some better quality condoms.

This. You really can't be too safe.
Reply 6
* How much is the morning after?
* Where can I get it?
* Can you get it free from a doctor?
* They WERE durex. Actually this happens pretty often, I think I need bigger ones. :/
Reply 7
I don't know what the statistical likelihood of getting pregnant that way, but the fact that it is possible at all should make it obvious that you're better to be safe rather than sorry, and get the MAP.
Reply 8
Anonymous
* Where can I get it?
* They WERE durex. Actually this happens pretty often, I think I need bigger ones. :/

oh pooh my bad. Yeah just go to the docs, but before that make sure she takes the morning after pill.
Reply 9
http://www.sexetc.org/faq/pregnancy/992

Just ran it through google out of interest and that article seems to put me in the clear? A few others agree with it..

I hadn't ejaculated since like Sunday night, and this happened yesterday night. And I peed lots in between ;3
I think it may be too late for the morning after pill. I thought I read you're supposed to take it before or immediately after sex. Though I could be wrong.

You're probably fine though.
Reply 11
Delta Usafa
I think it may be too late for the morning after pill. I thought I read you're supposed to take it before or immediately after sex. Though I could be wrong.

Apparently the pills is okay for something like 72 hours after sex? May be wrong on the timescale, but I believe it's a couple or few days, though the longer you leave it, the less chance there is of it working.
Delta Usafa

Its called THE MORNING AFTER pill for a reason. obviously you take it after. I think you have got around 72hrs, but its effectiveness decreases. its free on the nhs, or £25 from boots
Anonymous
Apparently the pills is okay for something like 72 hours after sex? May be wrong on the timescale, but I believe it's a couple or few days, though the longer you leave it, the less chance there is of it working.

Hmm. It might also depend on the type you use, because there's more than one kind.
PrincePauper
Its called THE MORNING AFTER pill for a reason. obviously you take it after. I think you have got around 72hrs, but its effectiveness decreases. its free on the nhs, or £25 from boots

"The phrase "morning-after pill" is a misnomer; ECPs are effective when used shortly before intercourse, and are licensed for use up to 72 hours after sexual intercourse and the WHO says they can be used for up to 5 days after contraceptive failure (see "Effectiveness" section below)."

-Wikipedia
Delta Usafa

Theres a reason why its called MORNING AFTER pill not AFTER SEX pill
Mr-Dangerous
Theres a reason why its called MORNING AFTER pill not AFTER SEX pill

Please read my latest post before you get all condescending with me.
Reply 17
why dont people say morning after pills

or was i not supposed to take 2? :s
Anonymous
* Where can I get it?

Family planning clinics write you a prescription to get it free :smile:

You can also get it from places like boots but it's around £24.

Never went to the Dr so don't know but I'm sure someone else will.

Condoms are never 100% safe, suggest she goes on the pill/implant too.
Delta Usafa
"The phrase "morning-after pill" is a misnomer; ECPs are effective when used shortly before intercourse, and are licensed for use up to 72 hours after sexual intercourse and the WHO says they can be used for up to 5 days after contraceptive failure (see "Effectiveness" section below)."

-Wikipedia

Dont base your life on wikipedia, would you get ready for an abortion before you even have sex? Common sense boy.
The morning after pill is for emergencies only, and it is not recommended AT ALL. It is only to be used if its the last option.

Latest

Trending

Trending