Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I have an Access course interview and pre entry assessment test tomorrow. People tell me they are easy and I can only assume they are from what people say, but I haven't done anything maths wise in a long time any tips on what I should revise on quickly?

Also are the answers multiple choice?

Thanks many

ReputationRep:
    Is this something new they do? I did 6 weeks assessment with work and so on. I thing the test would be just to see where your strengths and weaknesses are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siniquity)
    Is this something new they do? I did 6 weeks assessment with work and so on. I thing the test would be just to see where your strengths and weaknesses are.
    I actually had this test on Monday just gone, and it were quite testing to be honest. I expected simple Math, but was thrown all kinds of general Mathmatics; the Literacy part was a doddle, though.

Not sure how common it is as I have had three interviews for access and only one have tested me this way - the other two was very informal chats and a very small personal statement to fill one side of a4.

ReputationRep:
    I sat one for a place on a humanities & social science access course. We were given simple numeracy and literacy assessments which I personally found ridiculously easy [except when it came to working out fractions - but then I don't think I'll ever work those out! :rolleyes: ]
    These tests are designed to highlight any problems you might have and if you need extra help. We were offered additional maths and english lessons if we needed them.

nothing to worry about.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.