The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Is this something new they do? I did 6 weeks assessment with work and so on. I thing the test would be just to see where your strengths and weaknesses are.
Reply 2
Siniquity
Is this something new they do? I did 6 weeks assessment with work and so on. I thing the test would be just to see where your strengths and weaknesses are.

I actually had this test on Monday just gone, and it were quite testing to be honest. I expected simple Math, but was thrown all kinds of general Mathmatics; the Literacy part was a doddle, though.

Not sure how common it is as I have had three interviews for access and only one have tested me this way - the other two was very informal chats and a very small personal statement to fill one side of a4.
Reply 3
I sat one for a place on a humanities & social science access course. We were given simple numeracy and literacy assessments which I personally found ridiculously easy [except when it came to working out fractions - but then I don't think I'll ever work those out! :rolleyes: ]
These tests are designed to highlight any problems you might have and if you need extra help. We were offered additional maths and english lessons if we needed them.

nothing to worry about.

Latest

Trending

Trending