The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just feed her salads
this is a common problem that many couples face
42% of couples break up due to this
Reply 3
hmm tough one as it would really hurt her feelings, Say that your gonna go to the gym and ask if she wants to come, whenever she's at your place makew sure she has a good diet and it will be benifitial for both of you.
Reply 4
How about just dumping her then? She shouldn't have to change for you - it's you with the issue.
Reply 5
say 'lets go for a run, you must be a bit warm under all that fat, fatty'
Reply 6
This thread is going to be full of angry women. And tbh there isn't much you can do without doing some damage. You can maybe get her to play sports with you or something though. Play tennis or something, that way she is exercising and spending time with you.
You disliking her weight isn't her problem, it's yours so you sort it out in your head - you either accept it or move on. Getting someone else to change on your behalf is unforgivable.
Reply 8
Hmm, buy her some nice clothes carefully targeted so that she can't quite fit into them anymore?
Reply 9
Tell her as nicely as possible that you think she's gained a bit of weight, and offer the chance of going jogging together regularly or something.
Reply 10
Either this is a troll, or the best thread evar.
If you liked her as a person you wouldn't mind a few pounds! It would become a problem if she gained a few stone though, I imagine.
like her as she is. if she has put on weight when shes been with you its usually a sign she feels comfortable around you. which is obviously a good thing...

and if you break up with her and shes upset and doesnt eat and get thinner youll think hmm i like her again and it will be a vicious cycle ending with her feeling bad. maybe she has noticed that she has put on weight but has faith you will still love her...
just start talking about how you want to get into shape, say your going to start going jogging in the morning, ask if she'd come with you?

I wouldnt tell her she's fat/gained weight, that would not go down well
Missmeem
Tell her as nicely as possible that you think she's gained a bit of weight, and offer the chance of going jogging together regularly or something.
Do you really think she hasn't noticed???
Reply 15
eat together and offer to plate up the food, this way you can control portions.

you could also suggest that you run in a race like the great north run, or the marathon, or a half marathon. this will benefit you, your girlfriend and if you're sponsored, it'll raise money for charity :smile:
If she has literally only put on a 'few pounds', then I'm sure you can cope with this, if not she deserves better. If she had put on a 'few stone' however, I could understand why you may want her to lose weight. Like the others have said, try eating healthily together and and both go to the gym or go on walks. Also remember, having a healthy sex life can work wonders for weight loss lol.
Reply 17
Sort yourself out, mate.
Reply 18
Ilora-Danon
You disliking her weight isn't her problem, it's yours so you sort it out in your head - you either accept it or move on. Getting someone else to change on your behalf is unforgivable.

What rubbish. So much for positive mutual influences eh ? "You got me to end my acid habit, how disgusting !"
Reply 19
Anonymous
well? shes put on a few pounds and I'm not sure I want to go out with her any more. :s-smilie:

well i think you're quite shallow BUT there is a simple solution...

SEX

and plenty of it

burns loadsa calories n shel feel loved and wanted

"everyones a winner baby" :smile:
Hope this has helped

Latest

Trending

Trending