The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
fallen angel9
Yes, and on the 20th August I'm going to disappoint them further. :frown:

Aww (hugs) dw I'm sure most parents who don't mind if their children get into Oxbridge care more about a decent uni course then grades or the uni...
Ah.Cheesecake.
I think my dad thought that id be more outgoing and social when I got to college, like he was, but im too shy around people that i've know for a while, but only kind of know, if you know what i mean?

I totally understand what you mean :hugs:
Reply 22
nope
I have - but they still love me. :awesome:
All the time. I can't win.
I definitely did after my A levels. I was always seen as having this great potential which i never fulfilled because i didn't really apply myself.
However getting my 2:1 and then getting a place on a medicine course at Newcastle has made them proud i think, though a little bit later than they had originally expected :smile:
Yup
I don’t know who on alevel results day was more disappointed I missed my med offer my mum or me. Even now she loves to remind me I flunked my alevels I just hope to god I get onto a graduate entry course as I don’t think I could take her reminding me on my graduation day that everyone is two years younger than me. In fact screw applying for 5 year courses lol.

hoonosewot
I definitely did after my A levels. I was always seen as having this great potential which i never fulfilled because i didn't really apply myself.
However getting my 2:1 and then getting a place on a medicine course at Newcastle has made them proud i think, though a little bit later than they had originally expected

congrats on your offer
Yeah. Even though they deny it, I don't think, "How useless can you get?" connotes to pride. Ah well, always nice to be doubly sure.
jhukranti
absolutely, but i guess at this point i don't care anymore. gotten to the point where they've called me worthless. oh well. :coma:

LOL, SAME :woo:
I disappoint them every day, or so I believe.

That's fine by me. It's my life, and as long as I don't feel I've let myself down, it's okay.

It's not like I'm a criminal, druggie or teenage mother - just a normal student. They forget this.
As a person: yes. As an academic: trivially not. But as long as I have books, chess and numbers I'll be happy - haven't got time for sexual relations, socializing, companionship or even leaving the house.
Reply 31
No I don't believe I have.

Never even crosses my mind.
qq1
Do you ever feel like you dissapoint your parents?

Not very often. My life is right on track for what they want for me.

But if I did, I wouldn't care. I stopped caring what my parents think about me a long time ago. I'm grateful to them for what they've given me, but I do what's right for me and I don't blame them for my failures, either.
absolutely, my father has said on numerous occasions that he wishes the money he spent on 2 years of private school and financial support at university were better spent on buying himself a nice BMW or Jaguar.

He has also made it clear that if he were to die from high blood pressure later he does not want to see me on his death-bed if I dont' have enough money or can't get time off work from flipping burgers to buy a plane ticket myself to see him.
i was a disappointment to my grandparents (who i lived with) when i didnt go to college - then my sister had a baby out of wedlock, (they irish catholic they would have been more forgiving if she'd killed someone) my brother got himself into crap loads of debt and stole from my mother and i suddenly didnt seem too bad. They know i have a (semi) decent job and my own place and i think they are kinda proud of me.

My mother is proud i think (despite her not wanting me to leave) and i know my dad is for becoming independent if not financially secure
My dad not so much

My mam yes, very much so
If a parent says that they never had you, then I can assure you, if its a normal thing for them to say, then they must be an unfit parent.

By saying they wish they never had you, its not so much different to wishing you were dead, almost worse in some ways, as you would have never even had a life.
At times yes, but ultimately I'll do what's (at least what I think is) best for myself.
Not normally.
I feel I disappoint myself though.
Reply 39
Of course because they remind me that I'm not the son they planned for every other week but hey, they ain't the parents I hoped for so sucks to be those ******* :mfing:

Latest

Trending

Trending