The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lostintime
Say if a girl asked for a hug off a guy/man what are the chances that he wouldn't want to hug her? Would he generally find it weird or be put off? Theres a man I work with at work and he's like 20 years older (he's 39) and he's helped me loads I like him (not saying i fancy him or anything but he's single anyway) Ive seen him give hugs to other women we work with and I kind of want want too as he's going away for 8 months I'l miss him (again I don't want to be with him).

Im afraid he might think its weird cause Im a lot younger plus Im not the attractive type Im dead small quiet and shy, don't attract guys, old fashioned hair not good looking lol. He seems to like giving me advice about workstuff, nagging me then the next minute he'l be playful with me and put me in an headlock or something.

Not that you need to know all this anyway Im just bored but yea how are we supposed to know if people want to hug:confused: How do we know they won't be freaked out, say no or something? I know I have rubbish social skills im quite shy.

Answered your own question surely; social skills allow you to know when it is appropriate.
You don't need social skills just ask.
Reply 42
BrightGirl
Just do it, don't ask if you can hug him. It shouldn't be a weird awkward thing!
Say 'bye, have a good time!' and give him a hug, or 'thanks for helping me out' + hug.

Gettin on alright, BG?
Mr Snips
Gettin on alright, BG?

Not too bad really. How is Mr H?
its the open arms that does it.
Reply 45
Just follow him home and do it while he's asleep. Nothing weird about that.
They aren't brandishing a knife.
I like hugs. I always hug my female friends whenever we meet up and leave. I noticed that people here in the UK don't hug as much as in the USA. My American friends always notice how we like to keep to ourselves, don't smile as much to strangers, rarely ask 'Hey how are you?' when serving customers, and get all tight and ackward when someone tries to hug them. That's a shame.
Reply 48
BrightGirl
Not too bad really. How is Mr H?

Smashin thanks, weather is a bit of a joke though - how is it your end?
Mr Snips
Smashin thanks, weather is a bit of a joke though - how is it your end?

Same...it was hailing today. So much for the hottest summer yet.
Reply 50
open your arms and walk towards him. and wtf is old fashioned hair?

Latest

Trending

Trending