Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
*Examboy*
Aww :console:

Do you work/are you at uni?

I work.
go to parks or join a holiday youth club
Reply 42
Once you get yourself a car, you can sling a tent and a sleeping bag in the back and go off for a weekend.
Decent sleeping bag and ground sheet £40
Small cheap tent £30
ground rent £10-£30 a night?
Then you've just got food and petrol costs to worry about.

Once you've bought the tent and the kit you can use them over and over. You can go away for a weekend for £50. Or, if you take a girlfriend, fifty squid + 3 quid for the vending machine :wink:
You should really get a part-time job. I have one (and have had throughout the whole of sixth-form) and it didn't get in the way of "my studies" because I didn't let it.

In other words, I never did too much over time (I typically did 12 hours of work a week) and I just did my homework when I got it and worked hard (I did four A-levels as well).

Your Dad is being a bit of an idiot for not letting you get a part-time job; doing 8-15 hours of paid work a week really won't ruin your chances of doing well at school. You might just have to make other sacrifices like not going out so much.
Reply 44
AntiMonarchist
My family live off 6000 euros a year.
You´re lucky.

That's not really relevant depending on where you live. If it's Romania, say, then it would probably get you further/as far as £18,000 here.
Reply 45
Get hooked to some mmorpg over the summer. You will have plenty to do then :p:
I never went on a holiday till I was 16. I did have stuff like camping weekends away (group/youth things) but never a family holiday. Now I work I can go away anytime I want. The only annoying thing is having to live with everyone going on about their holidays abroad or whatever (that was very difficult when I was young and at school).

Chin up, it will all get better and you are still fairly young so you still have plenty of time to go on holidays. Just keep working hard at your studies.

x
last year i didn't go on a holiday.... but i figured out something which was actually amazing..... i would go out... buy all sorts of food like chocolates and make popcorn at home and drinks and everything... rent a movie... watch it on computer or tv... turn off the lights.. u got urself a cinema right there. it is fantastic... also gaming sessions are amazing too. holidays are really overrated
Reply 48
Trigger
I work.

Well you could save up and go on smaller holidays in the U.K for a weekend/week.

Then when you have saved up a little more you can go to Europe or Asia/America/Africa on a larger and more luxurious holiday.

Also, if you have a boyfriend, you could ask him to pay some too.

Have fun what ever you decide to do. :smile:
diamondsky99
I think that's just for London, not 100% though. In my area under 16s pay 2/3 of the adult fare.

Melting Sugar.
That's London only. :cry:

Oh how I missed my Oyster card when my parents moved me here.. :nopity:

It costs me roughly £6-7 to get anywhere now :sigh:

Ah dang, life must suck for y'all outside London then :sadnod:
I'm having my free Oyster card for one more month, the best month of my life I am hoping. I'm going to live on the bus day and night, back and forth until the arrival of 31st September when it expires and I'm officially a paying adult :h:

Then my friends, only then, will I be sympathising with you guys :cry:
Cultivated
Ah dang, life must suck for y'all outside London then :sadnod:
I'm having my free Oyster card for one more month, the best month of my life I am hoping. I'm going to live on the bus day and night, back and forth until the arrival of 31st September when it expires and I'm officially a paying adult :h:

Then my friends, only then, will I be sympathising with you guys :cry:

You can sympathise with us now! :sad:

But only then will you be able to empathise with us :sad:
Melting Sugar.
You can sympathise with us now! :sad:

But only then will you be able to empathise with us :sad:

I cannot empathise with you, because I lack such skills. Sorri babi. I am a cold-hearted, evil person and cannot set myself in your shoes, because I'm a size 2,5 and you're not :teeth:
Cultivated
I cannot empathise with you, because I lack such skills. Sorri babi. I am a cold-hearted, evil person and cannot set myself in your shoes, because I'm a size 2,5 and you're not :teeth:

you're a size 2.5?

that's two sizes smaller than me :nopity:
foxo
That's not really relevant depending on where you live. If it's Romania, say, then it would probably get you further/as far as £18,000 here.

I live in Spain and it´s not enough to live off.
Melting Sugar.
you're a size 2.5?

that's two sizes smaller than me :nopity:

I'm a size 1-2.5, but don't tell anyone. Seriously.
With 2 winter-socks on, I can reach size 3 and wear whatever I want :sad:

Now I'm feeling sad cause I can't wear dead-sexy heels :cry:
Cultivated
I'm a size 1-2.5, but don't tell anyone. Seriously.
With 2 winter-socks on, I can reach size 3 and wear whatever I want :sad:

Now I'm feeling sad cause I can't wear dead-sexy heels :cry:

My Mum is a size 2.5-3 don't worry :smile:

I'm sure there are some shops that sell really nice dead sexy heels for small sized feet people, otherwise my Mum would have no shoes!
Melting Sugar.
My Mum is a size 2.5-3 don't worry :smile:

I'm sure there are some shops that sell really nice dead sexy heels for small sized feet people, otherwise my Mum would have no shoes!

You make me happy, I feel sorry for you that you don't get free bus pass now. It's Gordon Brown's fault (easiest to blame it all on him) not yours. At least you can wear any shoes you want, yes? :console:
Cultivated
You make me happy, I feel sorry for you that you don't get free bus pass now. It's Gordon Brown's fault (easiest to blame it all on him) not yours. At least you can wear any shoes you want, yes? :console:

It's not Gordo's fault, it's the stupid Lincolnshire people..

:cry:
Get a job. Might want to wait untill you are older if you don't want to upset your (unfair) dad.

Then get some mates together and go to Spain.

£300 is all you'll need if your any good at finding deals on the net.
Reply 59
I understand your dad probably doesn't want you to get a weekend job cos if you concentrate on schoolwork you'll be able to get out of the syndrome your family is in now. What about a holiday job though?
Volunteering holidays?
Family holidays are also often overrated as someone else has said.

Latest

Trending

Trending