The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LettersFromTheSky
Awwhh I completely agree!

haha

where are you applying?
Original post by viksta1000
I think I can conclude that if universities ran the NHS, we would definitely die with the waiting times they'd set

:rofl:
This thread is legendary! :smile:
haha

where are you applying?

I have a conditional from Brunel, but also applied to KCL, Southamptn and Westminster.
Reply 404
Acknowledgements truly don't matter. The only university I didn't have an acknowledgement for was Glasgow, then the come out and offer me an unconditional! Proof if there ever was that acknowledgements are a load of bull.
Reply 405
Original post by SK-mar
can I ask when you officially sent your application off to UCAS? it might give some indication as to how long certain departments at Durham take to make a decision. :smile:

On 25th September. But it will apparently take long to amke an official decision.:s-smilie:
Original post by lozzyhickers
Got a letter from Lincoln saying they're going to process my application ASAP. As my firm and insurance choices ,this will not help with my obsessive checking of Track. =/

How can Lincoln be your firm and insurance if both courses you're applying for both ask for 300 points?
I have a conditional from Brunel, but also applied to KCL, Southamptn and Westminster.

oh wow lucky you!

im applying to KCL too, might see you there sometime

What are you applying for subjectwise?
Original post by Zakky
How can Lincoln be your firm and insurance if both courses you're applying for both ask for 300 points?

The simply tactic of not giving the universities a choice

I think Zakky is basically saying 'give me a place or f'off'
Reply 409
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
Lol! I know, it is highly contagious.

Yeah, Queen's over here in the North of Ireland have a really bad reputation for replying back. I have friends that are at Queen's this year and attended my school last year, they didn't get offers till March :/ I will like literally die of impatience! Both my intended firm and insurance are with Queen's :frown:

So annoying, especially seeing other people who have offers from unis im applying to for my course :frown:
Yeah i live in NI as well :smile: my friends from last year said that you could get an offer in november but your far more likely to wait till feb :angry: i feel like visiting the law department and demanding a decision :biggrin:
Does anybody know how long York take to offer you a place or not?
I have applied to York and was just wondering if anybody knew roughly the time scale of when they offer places after application? I sent my application at the beginning of october.
Thanks for the help:smile::smile:
Application got sent off on the 20th and nothing yet apart from an invite to Edinburgh Web-Portal :rolleyes:
Ah well, I'm freaking out majorly already; the nightmare count is currently on 2! I just want word from somebody! I haven't even had a welcome letter yet, although I know it's early days the Track-checking is driving me insane!

Applying for English at:
Edinburgh
Kent
Leicester
Nottingham
Warwick (bit of a long shot but it had to be done)

Predicted: AAA

So nervous! :frown::confused::eek:
Reply 412
Original post by TokenWeirdo
Ah well, I'm freaking out majorly already; the nightmare count is currently on 2!

Wow, you're worse than me :biggrin: Haha. That's almost a compliment!

Best of luck, I bet you'll do fine :smile:
You'd think having one offer would make us less inclined to check track obsessively and continue to freak out... I was wrong. It makes you even more inclined to check track obsessively and makes you want more. I'm officially a track whore.
Reply 414
Original post by EcstaticMuse
You'd think having one offer would make us less inclined to check track obsessively and continue to freak out... I was wrong. It makes you even more inclined to check track obsessively and makes you want more. I'm officially a track whore.

Haha that's a nice way of putting it, I too am a track whore and any notifications I get off UCAS just make me more anxious. :P
Every time I check my inbox and I see the number of e-mails I have I completely freak out!! :eek3:
Original post by sarahmaloney
Does anybody know how long York take to offer you a place or not?
I have applied to York and was just wondering if anybody knew roughly the time scale of when they offer places after application? I sent my application at the beginning of october.
Thanks for the help:smile::smile:

Depends on your subject. My boyfriend has applied for engineering and has an interview already, but last year my friend didn't hear back from York until January for Psychology. Just be patient.
oh wow lucky you!

im applying to KCL too, might see you there sometime

What are you applying for subjectwise?

Biomedical Science I'm wanting to study, though at Westminster its 'Psychology with Neuroscience'

Your grades are great btw, I wouldn't be to unhappy about the B in maths, its still really good :smile:.

Having an offer is a relief but also a bit like wierd cause its like is this the only offer i'll get :s-smilie::frown:. I've only had two acknowledments aswell, well Brunel and Southampton acknowledged me but Brunel made me an offer so I know where they stand. You're lucky you've got acknowledgements, one step closer :smile:
Checked again, still no change ...........
Biomedical Science I'm wanting to study, though at Westminster its 'Psychology with Neuroscience'

Your grades are great btw, I wouldn't be to unhappy about the B in maths, its still really good :smile:.

Having an offer is a relief but also a bit like wierd cause its like is this the only offer i'll get :s-smilie::frown:. I've only had two acknowledments aswell, well Brunel and Southampton acknowledged me but Brunel made me an offer so I know where they stand. You're lucky you've got acknowledgements, one step closer :smile:

ooh gosh, it seems you are a brain surgeon in training lol

how did you do at A level out of curiosity?

no way is that the only offer you get, i just know it! :biggrin: You seem nice, I have my fingers crossed for you! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending