The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

After weeks, I finally have been acknowledged by KCL!
Original post by Tabers
I thought that University of Hull had sent me a letter giving me an offer. But it was just an applicants guide telling me that they have my application. You told me that in an email 2 weeks ago. And Uni of Cumbria sent me an email yesterday dinner telling me that they'd made me an offer but it still isn't up on ucas :grr:

Hull has done the same thing to me Cumbria's done to you! I apparently have an offer but a week later, no sign on UCAS. Pah.
The waiting is, officially, driving me crazy.
Reply 1083
Original post by diamonddust
Hull has done the same thing to me Cumbria's done to you! I apparently have an offer but a week later, no sign on UCAS. Pah.

I hope it doesn't take that long. If it does I'm ringing UCAS and the admissions department. Have you had one of those applicants guides from Hull?
Original post by casiogeek
I sent mine last thursday aswell! So far ive only had one acknowledgement (well i originally had portsmouth down, but the other day i subsituted it for Sheffield hallam, and today i got an acknowledgement from them - i wanted it to be from my other choices)
I just want to go on there and be atleast one offer!

I check like every hour, hoping and praying its not a blank column :frown:

Ahh I know. What makes it worse is that I know someone who's got sent off on Friday, and he's already got 2 offers :frown:
I've been told that some unis don't send out acknowledgement emails, so I'm trying not to worry too much haha.
Where've you applied?
Original post by Ohmydarlings
Ahh I know. What makes it worse is that I know someone who's got sent off on Friday, and he's already got 2 offers :frown:
I've been told that some unis don't send out acknowledgement emails, so I'm trying not to worry too much haha.
Where've you applied?

Yeah i know people that are getting offers aswell :frown:
I've applied to:
Oxford Brookes
Manchester Metropolitan
Sheffield Hallam
Wolverhampton (acknowledged)
Hertfordshire

I just want one offer and then ill calm down abit :redface:
Where've you applied?
Original post by Tabers

Original post by Tabers
I hope it doesn't take that long. If it does I'm ringing UCAS and the admissions department. Have you had one of those applicants guides from Hull?

Yeah, got the applicant guide today and I received the offer via letter on the 12th. It hasn't *really* been that long, it's only been 5 days. So not quite a week. :redface:
Still, I wouldn't have thought it would take that long to (presumably) press a button? I'm scared to call the admissions department in case they take my offer back! :blush:
I think that's a good idea though, I think I'll email Hull!
Soooo jealous of some of you!!

my app went out on SEPTEMBER 27TH and all I have is one offer .... =(
Original post by jayjaybird33

im the same as you!!
Original post by jayjaybird33

Ditto, but mine went September 7th :tongue: so annoying!
Original post by neutralmilkhotel
I got a letter from Liverpool uni today. Started getting worried, then opened it and it was ANOTHER acknowledgement. Why must they mess with my head? :tongue:

They did that to me! Sent me two emails on two different email addresses (no idea how they got the second one!) and then sent me a letter, all worded exactly the same! At least they definitely have your application I guess :tongue:
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
They did that to me! Sent me two emails on two different email addresses (no idea how they got the second one!) and then sent me a letter, all worded exactly the same! At least they definitely have your application I guess :tongue:

Liverpool seem very keen! I both like it and hate it. :biggrin:
I wonder if I'll get any this week... for some reason, this week I haven't been so crazy about it... maybe because I have two offers and I'm safe! :biggrin: But really hope NTU give me an offer...
Feel so much calmer now, got 2 offers and in interview from Emma College Cambridge :biggrin:
Original post by jimbles
I wonder if I'll get any this week... for some reason, this week I haven't been so crazy about it... maybe because I have two offers and I'm safe! :biggrin: But really hope NTU give me an offer...

same the excitement has worn off :/ and ive kind of got use to the fact that i wion't be hearinig anything any time soon!lol
Original post by nikki-jones2009
same the excitement has worn off :/ and ive kind of got use to the fact that i wion't be hearinig anything any time soon!lol

So it's not just me haha! :smile: I just hope NTU get back to me soon with an offer.... Then I am all sorted :smile:

So I'm guessing you've heard nothing else yet either? lol
A month today I sent off my UCAS and still no offers....
Original post by jimbles
So it's not just me haha! :smile: I just hope NTU get back to me soon with an offer.... Then I am all sorted :smile:

So I'm guessing you've heard nothing else yet either? lol

nopeee!1 sheffield hallam are been mean to me!!! :frown::frown::frown::frown:. with they would send my offer!!! and i hope its a unconditional too:wink: since i have been waiting sooooooo long!
Original post by nikki-jones2009
nopeee!1 sheffield hallam are been mean to me!!! :frown::frown::frown::frown:. with they would send my offer!!! and i hope its a unconditional too:wink: since i have been waiting sooooooo long!

I think NTU and Sheffield Hallam have teamed up, and been like, these really want us, but lets make the other one an offer! lol!!!! :frown: Not nice of them at all :tongue:
Original post by jimbles
I think NTU and Sheffield Hallam have teamed up, and been like, these really want us, but lets make the other one an offer! lol!!!! :frown: Not nice of them at all :tongue:

tell me about it!1 do you have a email for ntu btw? as i really dont want to call them :/ lol. and i also ii dont think i want to go to ntu. lolz. i want my sheffield offer!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending