The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Almost 3 weeks now, and nothing other than acknowledgements :frown:

No news is good news, or so I keep telling myself...
Reply 1281
Hii, I applied at brighton and they did'nt acknowledge my application either, they just gave me the offer on UCAS. Leeds has'nt sent me anything yet either but I dont have an offer from them yet.
It's quite common for universities or specific departments to not give acknowledgements. It could be weeks before you hear anything, it's still fairly early in the UCAS cycle.

Oh, I see this thread has been merged.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by diamonddust
Grrr. Just checked my GCSE certificates on a whim and I've just realised my middle names are on them. I didn't put my middle names on UCAS (because they wouldn't all fit in the box) and they're not on my passport for the same reason. I told my sister and she laughed at me and said I was stupid to put them down on any documents in the first place (they really are terrible names!). So no sympathy there! Is it a big deal, like will unis understand I am who I say I am? I think my middle names are on my birth certificate... I just have no idea where it is. Pah.

I didnt put my middle name down either, its on my certficates (dunno about passport, havent bothered to check lol ) hasn't been a problem for me. I've been given an offer! i wouldnt worry about it :tongue:
Original post by casiogeek
I didnt put my middle name down either, its on my certficates (dunno about passport, havent bothered to check lol ) hasn't been a problem for me. I've been given an offer! i wouldnt worry about it :tongue:

Thanks hun. :smile:
Was thinking more of uni registration but that's ages away... :tongue:
Original post by diamonddust
Thanks hun. :smile:
Was thinking more of uni registration but that's ages away... :tongue:

I didn't put my middle names on either. I don't think it's that important. Just when you go register, take all your forms of ID!
This thread sums up exactly how I feel. I never thought I would obsess over Track as much as I do, especially considering how much I mocked my friend because she was always on it.
Reply 1287
Hi, I sent off my application for uni last thursday to study english lit at Durham, Warwick, Kent, Essex and UEA and now I'm getting progressively more impatient, as more people get offers, yep, I know it was only little over a week ago ,but I can't help it, man I need to see some replies!:redface:
Please tell me I am not the only person who feels this way.
Reply 1288
Everyone else got their offers straight away, you're not going. Sorry!

stop stressing
(edited 13 years ago)
Well you wouldn't hear from anyone today - it's a Saturday. Admissions tutors have lives too :smile:
Original post by Woolf's muse
Hi, I sent off my application for uni last thursday to study english lit at Durham, Warwick, Kent, Essex and UEA and now I'm getting progressively more impatient, as more people get offers, yep, I know it was only little over a week ago ,but I can't help it, man I need to see some replies!:redface:
Please tell me I am not the only person who feels this way.

Perhaps you should do something a little more productive and that way you will forget about it at least a little.
Reply 1291
Original post by NS17
Everyone else got their offers straight away, you're not going. Sorry!

stop stressing

:cry:
Reply 1292
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
Perhaps you should do something a little more productive and that way you will forget about it at least a little.

It's true:colondollar: I've avoided my laptop all day- so I don't waste time worrying about it!
Just be patient, and chill :smile: Even if you do have to wait for some time, I'm sure they'll come pouring in at once :biggrin:
Reply 1294
Man up.
i didn't put my music grades on my application, is there anyway i can still put it on or is it too late?
i sent it around 10 days ago.
Does uni's make offers at weekends? Would like to know so I don't have to needlessly check track every weekend :biggrin:
I'mma track addict.

Gimme offers plz UCAS
Original post by Richo_EFC
Does uni's make offers at weekends? Would like to know so I don't have to needlessly check track every weekend :biggrin:

On rare occasions they make offers early on a Saturday, but not on a Sunday I don't think.
Reply 1299
Original post by american_in_paris
i didn't put my music grades on my application, is there anyway i can still put it on or is it too late?
i sent it around 10 days ago.
If they are public exams with certificates, email the unis with the details, but it's not really important (unless, I suppose, you are applying for a music degree, or they will contribute to a UCAS tariff score).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending