The Student Room Group

Where to study US/Canada (Full year 11/12)

Hi, I want to study abroad next year at US/Canada for the full academic year of 2011/12. I have a short list but I’m not 100% on some of them, I want to go to a smaller university as it will make me feel more at home.

Please can you tell me what the uni’s I’ve chosen are alright or avoid them at all costs?

My shortlist is (in no particular order)
St. Edwards Uni
Eckred College
Fraser Valley
Denver Uni
Thompson Rivers
Calgary
Roosevelt Uni/Chapman Uni
Laurentian Uni
Uni of Kansas
Brock Uni

If you’re interested in the full list I can pick from is from here http://www.isep.org/students/Directory/members_in_usa.asp

Reply 1
Original post by RahhM3
Hi, I want to study abroad next year at US/Canada for the full academic year of 2011/12. I have a short list but I’m not 100% on some of them, I want to go to a smaller university as it will make me feel more at home.

Please can you tell me what the uni’s I’ve chosen are alright or avoid them at all costs?

My shortlist is (in no particular order)
St. Edwards Uni
Eckred College
Fraser Valley
Denver Uni
Thompson Rivers
Calgary
Roosevelt Uni/Chapman Uni
Laurentian Uni
Uni of Kansas
Brock Uni

If you’re interested in the full list I can pick from is from here http://www.isep.org/students/Directory/members_in_usa.asp

The list doesn't really have too many good unis. I'd say Chapman is probably alright, but still nothing to write home about. Is ISEP the only organization you can do study abroad with?
Reply 2
Original post by adam0311
The list doesn't really have too many good unis. I'd say Chapman is probably alright, but still nothing to write home about. Is ISEP the only organization you can do study abroad with?

Ahh okay. Only my uni really but there the same as ISEP. Advantage with going with them I don't have to pay like £16k for the year which I quite liked lol.
Reply 3
Original post by RahhM3
Ahh okay. Only my uni really but there the same as ISEP. Advantage with going with them I don't have to pay like £16k for the year which I quite liked lol.

I mean it's fine if you don't care about prestige/reputation. You'll have a great experience in the US no matter what.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending