The Student Room Group

Reputable AAB/ABB Unis for Psychology

Hi guys, I'm looking at universities having entry req of either AAB or ABB (or both so AAB/ABB) for BSc Psychology (c800) that have a good reputation generally or for Psychology in particular, hopefully one of them will make up my insurance for uni assuming one accepts me, thank you.

Also, what is the best league table to look at or is it better looking at them all and looking for any trends etc? And for that matter, what reliable league tables exist?

Thanks a lot

Cardiff, Lancaster and Royal Holloway are all AAB (I think) and quite well respected for psych/generally.
Loughborough.
Southampton, Reading
ive applied to both and got offers :biggrin:

and ive got offers from portsmouth, plymouth and bournemouth but they're not so good uni's maybe use those as insurance?
they're either ABB or BBB
York typically ask for AAB (usually require two science based A Levels and a B in GCSE maths)
Reply 5
To be honest, most university league tables are terrible. My only advice regarding them is completely ignore the Guardian Psychology rankings, outside of the top ten they seem to have chosen them wearing a blindfold and using a dart. The Times probably have the best one...

Require a C in GCSE Math:

Sheffield - AAB
Southampton - AAB/ABB
Bangor - BBC +
Aberdeen - BBC +

B in GCSE Math (or Science/English)

Cardiff - AAA/AAB
Royal Holloway - AAB
Nottingham - AAB
Kent - AAB
Leeds - AAB

I think the best ones on there are probably RHUL, Cardiff and Sheffield.
Royal Holloway
Surrey
(don't apply to Southampton, the towns a bit **** really :wink:)
Reply 7
Original post by charcharchar

Royal Holloway
Surrey
(don't apply to Southampton, the towns a bit **** really :wink:)

Whaaaat?! Southampton is awesome!
Original post by Jackso
Whaaaat?! Southampton is awesome!

well i've lived here for 17 years and it's **** you'll get bored of it very very fast and there's no history or culture! due to it all being destroyed in WW2
Reply 9
Warwick ask for AAB plus AS Level grade B

I think Nottingham is AAB aswel :smile:
Reply 10

well i've lived here for 17 years and it's **** you'll get bored of it very very fast and there's no history or culture! due to it all being destroyed in WW2

Can't be worse than Cheltenham, at least. =P

Quick Reply

Latest